"Maybe you should be careful too, Zoron, she might poison your breakfast one morning," I softly teased.

Zoron rolled his eyes. "She won't do something that obvious, she more calculated and sly. Come on, we're waiting for you."

I walked alongside him as we headed for the study. I pushed any thoughts of Sascha out of my head, trying to focus myself on whatever needed to be done.

Once we arrived, Kaelon and Edrik looked like they were just finishing up a discussion. The two men stood next to the central table, cleaning up papers and stacking them in a neat pile.

My eyes landed on my mate, instantly intensifying the burning sensation, which has now spread to cover my fingers. My hand twitched by my side, wanting to reach out and touch him.

Kaelon's nose visibility flared as he sniffed the air. His violet eyes landed on me drinking me in hungrily.

"We're all set," Edrik announced, breaking the silence that filled the room and snapping Kaelon from his gaze.

Clearing his throat, Kaelon nodded. "You both know where to find us if anything happens."

Zoron and Edrik both nodded before Kaelon strolled over to me. Taking my hands and cooling the burning sensation, he pulled me out of the study.

"Where are we going?" I asked, trying to keep up with his fast pace. Kaelon was in a hurry.

"Up the mountains," Kaelon replied. The seriousness in his voice made it seem as if this trip was an important aspect of my training. Perhaps he was planning on refining my survival skills.

We shifted once we were clear of the packhouse. I followed closely behind Kaelon, softly rubbing myself on his fur whenever I got the chance. I couldn't help myself.

The journey to the mountain edge took us almost half the afternoon to reach.

It was colder here, the air slightly more chilly. The fire in my fingers was the only spot on my body that didn't seem to be affected by the drastic change in temperature.

Kaelon and I stood in front of a secluded cabin. My thoughts now wondering what the real purpose of this trip was.

We hurried inside, trying to get away from the harsh wind. Quickly, Kaelon started a fire in the brick fireplace, instantly warming up our surroundings.

The cabin was small but spacious. There was a small kitchen built in the corner with a small square table with two chairs next to it. The fireplace was situated next to the door, surrounded by two large fur couches.

Off to the side was a spacious bed, large enough to fit at least three people comfortably. An assortment of furs in all different colours decorated the frame, calling me to jump into it to get away from the cold.

The cabin was suspiciously stocked with salted meat and fresh vegetables to last a whole week in this cold.

Kaelon came up behind me. We were still naked from the run, and his touch instantly sparked a sexual tension in the air, releasing my urges from the cages I had tried to stuff them in.

My fire in my hands demanded I touch him. Turning around, my hands flew up to his chest, feeling the curvature of his bulking muscles and tracing every scar.