Chapter 32

Narration POV

Marua dressed in black for the funeral today, she nervous about the election today. She hopes that with the campaigning she did over the course of a few months that she can be the first women to ever to be President.

"Madam Vice President, are you ready?" A security guard asked her.

"Yes I'm ready."

The ride to the church was a quiet journey, the rain falling slowly from the sky, it seem such a gloomy day. Like a darkness waiting to happen, Marua sighted thinking about her son Niall. She couldn't believe her son was in a relationship, she couldn't process that information, but she is happy that it's over between them. Yet she knows Niall is hurting.

The car stopped in front of the church and Marua got out the car with two bodyguards on each side as they made their way inside the Church and sat at the back.

Once everyone were seated the Priest began to talk.

"Where are here today not only to celebrate Elvis Cruz for his work at the White House. He's been such a positive person and was willingly to work long hour even during overtime without pay. He was role model in other people's eyes. It was unfortunate for him to die from a stroke at the age of thirty four. He will be missed and we should have a moment of silents in his honor."

It was pure silents in the church for a moment until their was a beeping sound that occur.

"If it's someone cellphone please turn it off." The Priest said loudly, but everyone was confuse and checked their phones but the beeping noise began to get louder. Then a loud explosion echo into the church as bodies flew and chunks of the marble of wall were being fallin on people.

People were panicking and screaming. Most people ran out of the church and others were injured. In a matter for seconds reporters and ambulance were called into the scene.

Marua got of the church with just a few cuts and marks. She notice the reports covering the scene and ambulance workers helping around injuries people which made her think, if she helped these injured people, it will be broadcast and it will give her a higher chance at winning elections.

So Marua quickly tore off half her sleeve and put some dirt on her face and began to help other injured people, as the camera were rolling.

"Breaking News! The Church that was the funeral of Elvis Cruz was bombed, it's not clear if this was a terrorist attack or someone from inside the church was involved. We can see the Vice President helping other civilians in a remarkable fast pace. She looks quite injured herself, but that doesn't stop her from helping the people with their injuries. It's been reported that the President was not at the church due to being late. We will be live covering this story every minute to the hour, I'm Mary Jones, Washington news." Then Cyrus turned off the tv and started to pace around the room.

"How are you going to win, if she taking over the spotlight? There's not a chance of you winning Zayn, every major news station is playing this and she's gaining votes fast." Cyrus gets out.

"I'm sure we can pull thru, even if I lose the election I get to try and patch things up Niall, so either way it's a win win situation." Zayn sighs.

"Don't give up so easily Zayn, the people still need to as a leader for another four more years. Make a speech and show them you can win this."

"Your right Cyrus, I'm going to be working on it now."

Hours went by till it was night time and the few hours remaining to vote, Marua was in the lead, but Zayn close behind her.

At the White House there's people mingling and enjoy food with wine, a election party that Zayn made and invited people. He hopes that his speech will make an impact on people so they can vote for him.

Harry was being secretive keeping a low profile at the party until he got a call.

"Hello."

"Harry, I need you to put the small bottle of liquid into Perrie's drink." Bobby said casually.

"Why, what would happen?" Harry asked.

"It's none of your business Harry! You are under my orders and when I tell you to do something you oblige." Bobby snapped, then hanged up.

Harry sighted and spotted Perrie at the refreshment area.

"Hello First Lady, mind passing me a glass of wine please." Harry said sweetly.

"Of course." Perrie said turning her head to grab a wine glass, as Harry poured the unknown liquid into her glass of water.

"Thanks." Harry said quickly and walked away.

Your welcome." She hollered, then taking a big gulp of her drink.

Zayn took a stand at his podium to start his speech as everybody quieted down.

"My mind and prays are with the victims who were injured during the church funeral, we are still investigating who's responsible for this crime. Wether I win or lose, I want all of you to know it's been a pleasure working with all over you who helped out with my campaigning or marketing me to the people. It's been an amazing four years working as your President and I'm willingly to another four, if you vote for me. I know my cheating scandal may have you all skeptical, but I'm focus on improving the world and to help people in need." Zayn spoke truthfully to the surrounding people and the Cameras around him.

"Zayn, I'm not feel well." Groan Perrie.

"What it is? Something with the baby?" Zayn asked.

Perrie couldn't answer Zayn as she coughed up blood and passed out. Zayn grabbed her before she got to fall on the floor.

"Someone call an Ambulance Now!." Zayn yelled.

****

Zayn paced and fourth waiting for the doctors to tell him what happen in to Perrie, it's been four long hours and he's nervous and doesn't know how to feel.

The finally came out the room and Zayn walked up to him.

"Is Perrie okay?"

"She fine, but not the baby."

"What do you mean not the baby!?"

"I'm sorry to say this, but your unborn child is dead."