twenty-seven.

"Do we think she'll remember him?" I asked through my phone, pushing my apartment door open, pulling the key from the hole and throwing them onto the table that sat to the side of the hallway

"If you went with him maybe, I might swing by, meet this Steve i've heard so much about" Dylan's voice said through my phone, which I switched to the other ear, taking off my bag and hanging it up on the hook. "Steve is pretty upset about the life he missed out on, might not be the best idea" I told him, shaking my jacket off as well, letting it drop to the floor as I could with my phone in my hand, collapsing onto the couch, slouching down.

"Yeah you're right, I'll just swing by mum's tomorrow night then" He said to me, causing me to nod to his plan, even though he couldn't hear me. "Okay, I should go, I'm only supposed to be home to pick up some paperwork but i'm already sitting on my couch"  I told him, causing him to laugh lightly at me.

"I'll talk to you later" he said to me, both of us saying our goodbyes as I hung up the call, setting me phone down on the couch as I let my head fall back against the back of the couch.

I exhaled deeply, and as I did I heard a crashing noise coming from down the hall, causing my head to snap up, my ears pricked as I was cautious about what that noise was.

It came again, but this time like a deep thud, causing me to stand up slowly, stopping at the door that connected the living room/ kitchen to the hall, walking down it with my hand on the fun on my hip. I walked down the hall silently, keeping my hand on my gun, trying to listen to what was happening.

I pushed the door open to the room forcefully, pulling my gun from my holster and pointing it at the intruder. Nat turned around, looking at me as the wind blew through my curtains on the open window. "Put your gun away" Nat scoffed, closing the window behind me, making me throw my gun down onto my bed.

"What the hell?" I said, my voice slightly raised as a three my hands above my head, turning around and walking back to the living room. "What are you doing here?" I shouted as I sat back down onto the couch, throwing my feet up onto the coffee table.

"I came for a nap" She said following me into the living room and sitting on the arm chair next to my couch. "In my house?" I asked, pretty pissed off at her now. "You broke into my house to take a nap?" I repeated, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"You were supposed to be at work" She retorted back, throwing her hands up in mock surrender. "So are you" I shouted back at her, pointing at her and giving her a funny look.

"Yeah, but I got tired" Natasha said with a shrug, flipping her short red hair over her shoulder. "So you broke into my apartment? You have a key" I said to her, sighing as I laid my head back once again.

"Lost it" she said simply before realising that I wasn't meant to be home either. "I need paperwork, that's why i'm home" I said to her before she could ask me, as I already knew that she was just about to ask me.

"Well pick up the paperwork and leave so I can go to sleep" She said to me, slumping over in the chair, closing her eyes lightly. "I told Steve last night" I told her, causing her to open her eyes, looking over at me sharply.

"How did it go?" She asked me, leaning forward and setting her elbows on her knees. "Okay, I'm taking him to see him tomorrow" I told her, standing up off of the couch and sighing quickly.

"I'm going to grab my papers and go back to work" I said to her leaving the room. "Please close the window on your way out" I shouted to her, walking into my room and grabbing grab stack of papers off of the desk.

"And don't eat my ice cream"

——

A/N: I'm not a big fan of this chapter but I felt like writing it so here it is, I may end up editing it later but oh well.
So i'm still trying to figure out how to wrap up this whole book, but I guess i'll figure it out eventually.
Please vote and comment and i'll see you soon