six.

We sat around the table in the bridge of the hellicarrier, all of us still in uniform, screens projected onto the table that was showing us Loki's investigation that Fury was conducting

We sat around the table in the bridge of the hellicarrier, all of us still in uniform, screens projected onto the table that was showing us Loki's investigation that Fury was conducting. Loki stood in the pressurised cell we had one board, staring straight at Fury who looked at him pointedly, neither men talking as they stared each other down for a moment after talking for so long, not having anything to say anymore.

"Well, you let me know if Real Power wants a magazine or something" Fury said, wrapping up his interrogation and leaving the room, the screen in front of us going black."He sure does grow on you doesn't he" Bruce said, taking his glasses off of his face. "Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?" Steve sighed, leaning back in his chair.

"He has an army called the Chitauri, they're not of Asgard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people, they will win him the earth in return, I suspect, for the Tesseract" Thor replied to Steve, his hair loose as he put his hands on his hips. "An army? From outer space?" Steve asked, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion, this whole situation being a little bit too much for him.

"So he's building another portal, that's what he needs Erik Selvig for" Bruce said, leaning against the wall behind him. I leaned forward in my chair, placing my elbows on the glass table, looking over at Natasha who was deep in her thought. "Selvig?" Thor asked Bruce. "He's an astrophysicist" Bruce clarified for him. "He's a friend" Thor said, nodding his head. Selvig never really mentioned knowing a god.

"Loki has him under some spell, along with one of ours" I said, clasping my hands in front of me. "I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here" Steve said, shrugging his shoulders. "I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats, you could smell crazy on him" Bruce retorted, shaking his head.

"Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard, and he's my brother" Thor threatened, pointing at Bruce which made him shake in his boots slightly.    "He killed eighty people in two days" Natasha snapped, finally joining the conversation. "He's adopted" Thor shrugged, regretting what he said as diverting his eyes from Nat.

"Iridium, what did they need the Iridium for?" Bruce said out loud, deep in thought. "It's a stabilizing agent" Tony said, walking through the automatic doors, one hand in his pocket, no longer in his suit and wearing a sports jacket. "Means the portal won't collapse on itself, like it did at SHIELD" Tony continued, turning around to look at us all.

"No hard feelings, Point Break. You've got a mean swing" Tony said to Thor, pointing at him with his free hand, patting him on the chest as Thor looked at him confused. "Also, it means the portal can open as wide, and stay open as long, as Loki wants" As he walked to Fury's station on the end of the balcony, looking down at all the workers in the bridge.

"Uh, raise the mid-mast, ship the top sails" He shouted to the crew, touching one of the screens below him. "That man is playing GALAGA. Thought we wouldn't notice" Tony shouted, pointing at one of the workers who had a video game up on his screen. Tony covered one of his eyes, trying to look down at the screens. "How does Fury do this?" Tony asked me, turning to look at me.

"He turns" I relied, Tony quickly shrugging his shoulders, looking at the monitors quickly before walking back over to us. "That sounds exhausting" he mumbled looking back at us all as we watched him. "The rest of the raw materials, Agent Barton can get his hands on pretty easily, only major component he still needs is a power source, a high energy density, something to kick start the cube" Tony rambled, using his hands to emphasise all of his points.

"When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?" I asked him, knowing that last month he would of known nothing about it. "Last night" Tony shrugged, acting as if it was nothing, much like his father used to, but apparently the intelligence was the inherited trait among them. "The packet, Selvig's notes, the Extraction Theory papers" He continued, realising we had absolutely no idea what he was on about.

"Am I the only one who did the reading?" He asked, flaunting his hands at his sides. "Does Loki need any particular kind of power source?" Steve interrupted, looking deep in thought. "He's got to heat the cube to a hundredand twenty million Kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier" Bruce said, biting on the ends of his glasses leg, looking up at Tony in admiration. "Unless, Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunneling effect" Tony countered, walking over to Banner as he noticed his glare.

"Well, if he could do that he could achieve Heavy Ion Fusion at any reactor on the planet" Bruce replied, a smile on his face which Tony returned gladly. "Finally, someone who speaks English" Tony said, setting his hand out as Bruce shook it, a glimmer in their eyes shining as the mutual respect for each other shows.

"Is that what just happened? Steve asked, looking over at me as I gave him a weak smile, actually sort of knowing what's they were talking about. "It's good to meet you, Dr. Banner. You're work on anti-electron collisions is unparalleled" Tony said in disbelief, shaking his head at Banner as he nodded his head in gratitude. "And I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster" He added, slapping Bruce's arm with the back of his hand.

"Thanks" Bruce mumbled quietly, bowing his head, biting on his bottom lip gently. "Dr. Banner is only here to track the cube, I was hoping you might join him" Fury said, making his way into the room as we all turned to look at him as he arrived. "Let's start with that stick of his. It may be magical, but it works an awful lot like a HYDRA weapon" Steve said, looking over at me and making eye contact as he said that.

"I don't know about that, but it is powered by the cube. And I'd like to know how Loki used it to turn two of the sharpest men I know into his personal flying monkeys" Fury said, standing in front of us all, taking his authority. "Monkeys? I do not understand" Thor said, his arms crossed and eyebrows raised. "I do! I understood that reference" Steve said a proud smile on his face.

Out of anyone here, obviously Steve was the Wizard of Oz geek. "Shall we play, doctor?" Tony asked Bruce, trying to change the subject quickly. "Let's play some" Banner replies with a big smile, both Tony and him walking out of the room. "Okay, if that's all, i'm going with them" I said, pushing back my chair and getting out of it.

"Seems fun" I added shrugging my shoulders as I earned an odd look from Steve. "I want a mission report" Fury shouted to me as I left which caused me to roll my eyes at my colleague. "Nat will give you a brief" I shouted back, walking out of the room, the doors closing behind me before I could hear Nat's answer.

——

A/N: Hey guys, I haven't made a filler chapter in a while so there will be one coming up soon but i'm not sure when because the story is pretty fast paced at the moment.
Any please vote and comment and I will love you forever