seven.

I sat up on one of the work benches, fiddling with a screwdriver in my hand, tools and parts of machinery surrounding me as I watched both Tony and Banner work away in their own little worlds

I sat up on one of the work benches, fiddling with a screwdriver in my hand, tools and parts of machinery surrounding me as I watched both Tony and Banner work away in their own little worlds. I let out a breath as I lI watched Tony as he pulled the screen down in front of him, trying to solve an algorithm.

"That was wrong" I said, setting down my screwdriver, hopping off of the bench and walking over to him, turning the screen around so I could see it the right way around, noticing his mistake instantly. I rearranged some of it, squinting my eyes as I thought hard. "That seems better" I said twisting the screen back around to him, walking over and hopping back up onto the work bench.

He read it with furrowed eyebrows, before moving the screen from his face, looking at me. "How did you do that?" he asked me, confused on how he got it wrong and the fact I managed to redo it and correct him. "I did a lot of reading in the past 70 years" I said shrugging my shoulders, picking up a piece of a mother board, holding it up to the light as I inspected it.

"You just outsmarted me" he said in disbelief, shaking his head lightly. "You're not as smart as you used to be" I said with a smirk, imitating him and shaking my head too, raising my eyebrows. "12 year old Tony was pretty smart" I added, looking over at Bruce who was engrossed in his work, not listening to our current interaction. "Everything okay, doc?" I asked him, tilting my head to the side. "The gamma readings are definitely consistent with Selvig's reports on the Tesseract, but it's gonna take weeks to process" He said shaking his head at me.

"If we bypass their mainframe and direct a reroute to the Homer cluster, we can clock this around six hundred teraflops" Tony replies, clicking more buttons on the screen. "All I packed was a tooth brush" Bruce said with a small smile, cracking a joke for the first time since being here.

"You know, you should come by Stark Tower sometime. Top ten floors, all R&D, you'd love it, it's candy land" Tony replied to him with a smile. "I don't know, last time I was in New York, I kind of broke Harlem" He said, bowing his head and looking at the floor. "It wasn't broken" I said, trying to cheer him up a little bit, a bit tired of seeing glum Bruce so often.

"Just, damaged" I added slowly, realising I wasn't actually helping. Tony gave me a look, his eyes wide, I shrugged my shoulders, not sure what to say now that the atmosphere was a little tense. "Well, I promise a stress free environment. No tension. No surprises." Tony added, walking over to him and trying to diffuse the tension between us all.

"Ow" Bruce shouted as Tony poked him in the side with an electrical prod, making Bruce squirm away from Tony who shook his head, expecting a whole different reaction. "Hey are you nuts?" Steve asked, striding into the room in his uniform, shorting daggers at Tony. "Jury is still out on that one" Tony replied smugly, pointing the prod at him. "Is everything a joke to you?" Steve said to Tony, sounding very serious.

I sighed, hopping off of the bench, ready to break up a fight that was I expecting to take place between the men. "Funny things are" Tony agreed, nodding his head in response to Steve's question. "Threatening the safety of everyone on this ship isn't funny" Steve said to Tony before looking over at Banner. "No offence, Doctor" He added, not wanting to be rude.

"Steve, come on, it was a joke" I said, walking up to him, standing to the side in between Tony and Steve, setting my hand out to keep Steve back from Tony. "No, it's alright. I wouldn't have come aboard if I couldn't handle pointy things" Bruce said, holding out his hands in defence of himself, not wanting to start a fight because of his action. "You're tiptoeing, big man, you need to strut" Tony said, turning around and walking back to his screen. "And you need to focus on the problem, Mr. Stark" Steve said, following him, which made me follow them both.

"You think I'm not? Why did Fury call us and why now? Why not before? What isn't he telling us? I can't do the equation unless I have all the variables" Tony said, tapping his screen a few times, not even caring about Steve anymore. "You got something to tell us?" Tony said, looking past Steve at me, his eyebrows raised. "No, I don't know anything" I said shaking my head, confused on what he was in about.

"You think Fury's hiding something?" Steve asked him, looking away from me. "He's a spy. Captain, he's the spy. His secrets have secrets" Tony clarified, shrugging his shoulders as if it was nothing. "He's not wrong" I said, crossing my arms over my chest. "It's bugging him too" Tony said, pointing over at Banner and motioning his head towards him. "I just wanna finish my work here" Banner babbled, looking down at his work again. "Doctor?" Steve asked Banner, who paused before replying.

"'A warm light for all mankind', Loki's jab at Fury about the cube" Banner said, putting down his tool. "I heard it" Steve said, nodding his head, connecting the dots in his head of what was going on right now.
"Well, I think that was meant for you. Even if Barton didn't post that all over the news" Banner said, pointing at Tony. I crossed my arms over my chest, confused on where exactly this was going.

"The Stark Tower? That big ugly" Steve started, catching eye contact with Tony before changing what he was going to say. "building in New York?"
"It's powered by Stark Reactors, self- sustaining energy source, that building will run itself for what, a year?" Bruce continued, looking over at Tony for some clarification.

"That's just the prototype, I'm kind of the only name in clean energy right now" Tony shrugged, as if it was nothing. "So, why didn't SHIELD bring him in on the Tesseract project? I mean, what are they doing in the energy business in the first place?" Bruce said, referring to Tony by a point of his finger. "I should probably look into that once my decryption programmer finishes breaking into all of SHIELD's secure files" Tony replied, pulling his phone out of his pocket.

"I'm sorry, did you say" I started, taken back by the fact Tony was getting all of SHIELDs files. "Jarvis has been running it since I hit the bridge. In a few hours we'll know every dirty secret SHIELD has ever tried to hide" He answered, offering me a blueberry from the bag on the table, to which I shook my head to. "Yet you're confused about why they didn't want you around?" Steve scoffed, putting his hands on his hips.  "An intelligence organization that fears intelligence? Historically, not possible" Tony retorted, shaking his head lightly.

"I think Loki's trying to wind us up. This is a man who means to start a war, and if don't stay focused, he'll succeed, we have orders, we should follow them" Steve said all stoically, setting his hands on his hips in true Steve fashion. "Following is not really my style" Tony replied, tossing a blueberry into his mouth. "And you're all about style, aren't you?" Steve said, getting closer to him, which caused me to move slightly as well.

"Of the people in this room, which one is; A. wearing a spangly outfit, and B. not of use?" Tony said, squaring his shoulders, Steve's comment hitting a nerve. "Steve, tell me none of this smells a little funky to you?" Banner said, an eyebrow raised. Steve takes in the possibility, but as an obedient soldier, shakes it off.

"Just find the cube" He snaps before walking out of the room, Tony turning back to his work. "That's the guy my dad never shut up about?" He said to me, pointing at the door that Steve just left through. "I'm going to go make sure he doesn't do anything stupid" I said, pushing my hair behind my ears. "Have fun solving algorithms the wrong way" I shouted to Tony as I left.

"Shut up"

——

A/N: Hey guys it's me again, hope you enjoyed this chapter it was quite a big one. Please vote and comment and I will love you forever

 Please vote and comment and I will love you forever