Chapter Fourteen

Tuesday
8:29 P.M

Finally, I'm done unpacking. Ned came over to help me move into my apartment, and finally all of the furniture and stuff is in for good. 

I'm home.

But it doesn't feel like home. Not without Aunt May.

I sigh and run a hand through my hair.

I hear a knock on my door. I walk over to the door and open it.

"Mary Jane?" My eyes widen. She looks up at me, teary eyed.

"Oh Peter." She says, and pulls me into a hug. I hug her back, and she buries her head into my shoulder. "I missed you." She cries.

"I'm here now." I tell her, and we pull from the hug. She hands me a bouquet of flowers. I accept them, and let her inside.

"Wow, I love the apartment. How have you been holding up?" She asks, doing a 360 to get a complete view of my living room.

"Uh, pretty good lately. I've been adjusting pretty well, actually." I tell her.

"That's good, I'm happy you're okay." She says and looks at me with those dreamy eyes I know. I blush and the room goes silent. 

Me and MJ haven't been alone for a while now, plus the months I was gone. She comes up to me and gives me another hug.

"I'm sorry Peter, I have to go." She says, breaking from the hug. 

I nod, "It's okay MJ." 

"See you later, Peter." She smiles, and opens the front door. 

"Bye." I say, waving as she leaves.

Wednesday
3:35 P.M
Wade's POV

! Possible Trigger Warning !

"Son of a bitch. Four kids? Four little girls?" I screech. Not necessarily talking to someone, just myself and my boxes. I tap my foot as I observe the circus around me. 

[Of course it's a circus we have to go to. Filled with tiny annoying children.]

"Be quiet I'm trying to think." I murmur to the boxes. 

{That's rare.}

"I don't need your rude remarks right now okay? Let me just track down this shithole and let him know what happens when you mess with little kids like that... I mean, they were too young to even..." My voice cracks and I stop.

[Wade, you are not going to have another mental breakdown. Especially when you're looking for a pedophile. This has been happening too often. Within the last 3 months you've been a mess. Get it together before you lose your mind!]

"You're right, you're right... Sorry." I say, clearing my throat.

I make my way through the people around me and find my way to the tent. From my research, he's a clown that tricks kids and... does nothing good, to put it nicely. I cringe, and walk into the tent. There's no way I'm gonna live peacefully knowing someone like him exists and I can do something about it. I hear the act just beginning, and make my way down the aisle. A man with a weird walk makes his way down the aisle that surrounds the act. 

[It's him]

{How do you know?} 

[The man has blonde curly hair and is a little chubby, which is what Selina said he would look like.]

{How can you be sure?}

My heart stops.

The man grabs a little girl by her wrist and pulls her close to him, making her very clearly uncomfortable. She tries getting out of the grip, but she can't. He looks around nervously and pulls her to the side.