We all sat in silence around the kitchen counter. 

That is, until we heard tiny, shuffling footsteps walk into the room. 

I lifted my head up and looked at a certain blonde, blue eyed girl that had entered the kitchen. 

She wasn't looking at any of us, but she knew we were there. She was biting her lip and her eyes were filled with sorrow. She stared down at the ground as the guys and I simply looked back at her, waiting for something to happen next. 

Suddenly, her small voice filled the room. 

"I left my book at home." she says, just above a whisper. 

I knit my brows together. The guys and I exchange confused looks to one another. 

"W-what?" I ask in confusion.

"My favorite book. I forgot it at home." she says, her voice breaking mid sentence. she raised her head to look at us. She seemed so distraught and also so broken. Her eyes were still a little glossy and her cheeks were stained with old, dry tears. 

"Lydia-" I start. 

"I need it. Please. I need to go get it." her voice was breaking, and her eyes were glossing over even more. I could feel Liam, Louis, and Niall's confusion as they kept glancing over at each other. 

Why was she so concerned about this book? 

"Uhm. We can get you a new one." I say, not really knowing how else to respond. 

She immediately shakes her head. "No I need mine." she sniffs. I look at her and tilt my head in utter bewilderment. 

"Please, Harry." 

As soon as my name leaves her lips, my heart flutters and begins beating faster. 

It felt like forever since she said my name.

I didn't realize how much I missed it. 

I take my bottom lip in my fingers and look at her, as she looks back at me. 

I have absolutely no idea why she needs this book so badly...but if it was going to take her mind off everything, even for just a little bit, then I'll do it for her. 

"I'll go get it for you." I say as I begin to walk out of the kitchen, ready to go outside to my car. 

"Please let me come with you." she says from behind me. I stop and turn around. 

I can see the guys behind her as well. Their faces were all distraught and puzzled. 

"Oh, Lydia I don't know if-" 

"I won't try anything. Please just let me come." she pleads. I look down at her and into her vibrant blue eyes that were filled with desperation. 

"Okay." 

She lets out a sigh of relief which seemed like she was holding in for a long time. 

"Um...why don't you go shower and we'll go after that." I tell her, knowing she'd feel better if she was clean. She simply nods and walks past me, returning up the stairs where she came from. 

Lydia White

I opened the curtain and stepped out of steaming shower. I grabbed a towel and began to dry myself off. 

When Harry agreed to let me come with him to retrieve my book from home, I was so relieved. 

I was laying in bed, thinking about my life before all of this shit happened. I thought about my friends, work, and eventually, I thought about how I would read obsessively.