"You like being a commander don't you?" She asked in between breaths. Wiping the sweat off her face.

"I'm not sure, I haven't gotten the chance to be one yet," I replied, walking to the wall and sliding myself down in exhaustion.

Sascha walked over to me, plopping herself down. "Right..." she replied before turning to me. "But I mean are you happy with your rank?"

With confused eyes, I replied with a "Yes."

I wasn't sure where she was going with this, but my answer seemed to extinguish the fire in her eyes.

"So what are you going to do when Kaelon announces to the pack that you're his mate? You know you'll have to give this up," she continued, looking at me with sympathy. "I don't think it's fair. I can tell you really like this role."

"How do you know I'm his mate?" I asked, trying to find out what she knew about us. Kaelon hadn't made an announcement yet and most of the pack, even Anneli, didn't know.

She rolled her eyes playfully. "It was really obvious today when all three of us were in the study."

I pressed my lips in a line, feeling slightly embarrassed by her observation. Sascha giggled, placing her arm on mine and squeezing slightly.

"Don't worry about it. I think you guys are pretty cute together. But back to my question! What are you going to do?"

I shrugged, biting my lips. "I haven't thought about it that far ahead."

"You know it's perfectly fine to turn down the role of Luna if you think you can't fully fulfil it. I think that would be truly selfless- giving it to someone who you know could."

My wolf growled slightly, wondering if she was insinuating that I should allow her to be the Luna of Orion.

"What are you trying to say?" I asked, not wanting to beat around the bush. I tried to push myself up and away from her but the hand she had on me held me in place with a killer grip.

Her face was still smiling, acting as if she was not keeping me here against my will.

"Come on Edrei," she sighed, "I think you know what I'm getting at. If you ask around the pack tomorrow, you'll see that I can fulfil the Luna role. I can do this so you can focus on being a commander," she continued with honey and sweetness leaking with every word.

If I hadn't known better, I would've thought she was doing me a favour.

I snatched my arm out of hers, causing her nails to slice into my flesh. Ignoring the stinging that came with it, I pushed myself up.

"Please understand what I'm trying to do for you here. You've been trained in combat all your life- you're meant to be a commander while I was trained to be a Luna. We can be the perfect dream team. Me, you and Kaelon- it's not like it hasn't happened before," she argued with a freakishly levelled voice. "You need to put the pack first before your needs."

To say I was beyond flabbergasted was an understatement. The anger that rose in me was starting to ooze out of my body as I tried to restrain myself. I will not be baited by her.

"I'm not sure who you think I am," I replied, trying to stop the anger from streaming into my voice. "Don't ever come to me again with a proposal like that. We're done for tonight," I bit out before walking away.