Once she was gone Kaelon turned to me eyebrows raised. "I didn't expect you to say yes," he said.

I shrugged. "It slipped out. I mean this could be good," I replied casually. "You know, playing nice with your ex."

Kaelon's brows furrowed together as he tried to explain himself. Letting out a humorous snort I waved my hand in dismissal. "Don't worry about it Kaelon. I'm not going to be salty about something you did before you met me. Big girl remember?"

My mate pulled me into him, kissing the top of my forehead. "Thank you," he sighed.

We spent the rest of the day cooped up in the study going through laws and regulations- the dos and don'ts of being a commander.

It was mentally exhausting, but the excitement of running a whole tribe coursed through me, pushing me on.

By the time night fell, I wanted to cancel my training session with Sascha but the woman had already been waiting for me outside the study. Feeling guilty about wanting to go back on my word, I gave in.

"Let's go to the dojo," I invited her, pushing down my exhaustion.

With eyes wide, full of anticipation, she nodded to my every word. We were silent walking down the steps, awkwardness slightly tingling in the air.

Once we arrived in the Dojo, I started to step up. Sascha watched on, eyes looking around slightly confused.

"What weapons are you good at?" I asked taking my favourite daggers off the wall.

"Umm," Sascha sighed. "Could we do hand to hand? I'm not real good with holding weapons- they're a bit heavy," She grimaced.

I nodded, putting back the daggers before meeting her in the centre of the mat.

"So let's see what you can do," I said before putting my fists up in a fighting stance.

Sascha's face was slightly nervous as she mimicked me, placing her fists up just below her face. "I don't do this very often," she said before we began. "My father always wanted me to be in the kitchen with my mother. Did you know he was the previous Alpha of Orion?"

"So you never learnt any combat skills?" I asked, finding it a little shocking that her father and Alpha would forbid such an essential skill.

The woman in front of me shrugged her shoulders. "Well my mother taught me a little, nothing big though," she replied. "But she did teach me things like this."

Instantly, Sascha stepped forward and swung, almost hitting me if I wasn't paying attention. I dodged, swinging back at her, softly hitting her cheek.

For someone who 'didn't do this very often', she was pretty damn good and fast. I had made the mistake of going easy on her, allowing her to land a few blows before I figured out there was no way her mother taught her.

She was trained. She had to be.

My mistake was quickly rectified and I shed my soft blows, replacing them with harder ones.

We were both sweating after 30 minutes of non-stop combat. I could see the fire in her eyes but her face was painted a pretty innocence.