16.

felix and i both sat on his bed in silence when i finished telling him what happened. i told him everything from waking up and making plans with changbin, to showing up on his doorstep, leaving nothing out.

"i'm so sorry, naeun..." felix said softly. "you know you can stay here as long as you need, right?"

"i know, i just... i don't wanna intrude on you and your family with my issues." i said, my voice small. "i know what you're gonna say- i'm not intruding, it's not a burden. but i can't help but feel that way."

"look, naeun." felix started. "you mean the world to me, you know that. i could never let you deal with shit like that on your own. we're glad to help you."

i sighed, and gave a tiny nod. "alright..."

"good." felix nodded. "so... what are you gonna do about changbin?" he asked.

"what do you mean?" i looked up at him.

"are you gonna date him, or...?" felix trailed off. "i can tell that he made you really happy today, and i doubt think that you should give that up for your mom."

"i didn't plan on it." i said. "that's honestly one of the reasons i decided to leave. she's always trying to take away the things that make me happy. first dancing, now changbin... i won't let her."

felix nodded. "i get that." he said. "i think changbin could be good for you. he's a good guy, and he makes you happy."

i couldn't help but smile. "yeah... yeah, he does. he makes me really happy."

felix smiled, watching my face. "just know that if you two get together and he hurts you, i'll kick his ass."

"you couldn't hurt a fly!" i laugh. "and i don't think you'll have to worry about him hurting me. i trust him."

"if you do, i do too." felix nodded. "anyway, it's pretty late, we should get to bed."

"alright." i nodded.

i got up from the couch and went to get ready for bed, my body heavy with exhaustion.

as i headed up the stairs, my phone rang in my pocket.

MOM

ACCEPT            DECLINE

i sigh and put my phone back in my pocket, and keep walking.