1.

"why does no one ever talk to him?" i ask my best friend, lee felix, as i copy the answers to our math work from the board. 

"who?" felix looks up from his paper to raise a brow at me.

"seo changbin. i've never seen anyone speak to him. except bang chan and han jisung. the guy has got to be lonely."

"must not be too lonely. he doesn't ever attempt to speak to anyone either. it's like... mutual radio silence." felix says.

i cut my gaze over to the black-haired boy in the back of the classroom and study him. his sharp, angular jawline, his plump lips, the veins in his hands, so visible against his skin as he writes.

"have you ever considered talking to him?"

"nah. he kinda creeps me out." felix says, nonchalant.

"oh come on jix, he's not that bad." i look back at him again, and catch him bobbing his head to an imaginary beat. "i mean, just look at him."

felix turns his head slightly to observe the older boy, then shrugs. "still creeps me out."

i sigh and shake my head, pushing changbin out of my mind for the time being and getting back to work.

the lunch bell rings shortly after, and felix and i go to meet up with our friends, hwang hyunjin and lee minho, to go eat together and discuss our next video.

you see, the four of us were a youtube dance group called 12B. we weren't famous or anything, but we had a few thousand subscribers on our channel. we posted monthly, sometimes we would post twice a month. we choreographed our own dances, and we also learned kpop routines. for instance, we just learned getting closer  by seventeen for our upcoming video. now all that was left was to decide the day we were recording, and where.

felix and i made our way through the line, got our food, and then headed to our table, where hyunjin and minho are already waiting with their trays half empty in front of them. 

"okay, so i was thinking friday? in that leveled section of the hospital parking area? i just feel like it fits the song's aesthetic." hyunjin suggests. 

"friday works for me, and that sounds like a really good idea jinnie." i smile at him. "are you guys free on friday?" 

felix and minho both nod.

"okay, cool. so... how about 4:30, after school? we can all go to my place and prep, yeah?"

all three boys respond with a chorus of 'yes', and i grin. "then it's set! what a great day to be a carat." i joke.

before i knew it, lunch, and the rest of the school day was over.

as i shut my locker and turn away from it, i slam right into someone.

"oh god, i'm so sorry, i didn't see you-" and when i look up, i'm surprised to see who is standing in front of me.