8

The days while riding passed slowly for Maglor. He chose to stay riding with Meadhros. He felt a better as he rode with his older brother, he felt safer to say the least.

"Just around that bend and we are there," Said Kailu.

"I thought you said you did not know how to get here," Curufin said.

"I said it'll look weird having a blind elf leading you around. Never said I did not know the way," he replied. Curufin just stared at him as Celegorm snickered.

They stopped outside a small cottage that looked a bit weathered but sterdy. It looked to have possibly three rooms but two was more likely. Two tents were set up right by the cottage and right next by that was a small garden filled with flowers and herbs. A lean figure was bending down by it checking something. They were clearly female and had long black hair that was pulled back. She looked up at the group and stood up whipping her hands on a part of her dress.

Kailu looked at her and waved saying something that sounded strange. It was not Quenya. Perhaps it was the language of the Avari.

She just nodded with a smile and said, "It seems you have brought me a patient."

"Yep." Replied Kailu sliding off the horse. The others got off the horse and Maedhros helped Maglor down.

"I am Handa," she said bowing her head to them.

Meadhros nodded to her and introduced his brothers and himself. Maglor just looked to the ground as she looked at him. "The house is a bit small but I think all of you can fit," she said.

Maglor looked up and shook his head. Right now he just wanted Maedhros. She seemed to understand and asked, "alright. I take it you want me to check your wounds as soon as possible?"

Maglor nodded and she said, "alright. Please go inside and go to the room on your right. I'll be right there I just need to grab a few things."

Maglor nodded slowly and he and Maedhros headed in. She bent down back to her herbs and grabbed a few. When she stood up Celegorm walked over. "Please do whatever you can to help him," He said. A desperatness was clear in his voice, he was worried about Maglor. They all were.

She just gave him a kind smile and said, "relax. I will do everything in my power to help him. He'll be alright, healing takes time and work."

He just nodded and she walked inside. Celegorm let out a worried breath and looked to Kailu as he stepped up next to him. "You shouldn't worry, also if you worry too much you may not be able to take care or yourself. Which means then you can't help your brother."

"You seem very wise," Caranthir said looking over at him.

Kailu let out a laugh and said, "Wise? Pfff. This is not wisdom, this is just a fool sprouting slightly helpful nonsense. Now, I think we have an extra tent we can set up for you and your brothers."

Celegorm nodded and turned to help his brothers take care of setting up an extra tent or two.

~~~

Maglor was sitting on a soft mattress, Maedhros sat in a chair right by the bed. He looked over at the table that was filled with herbs, papers, and bottles of different liquids. He looked down and took a breath. He looked up as Handa walked into the room holding a basket. She put it on the table and walked over to Maglor. 

"Before I start can you please I would like to know what happened," She replied. "It will give me a better idea of how to help you."

Maglor looked over at his brother and gave him a little nod. He looked at the floor as he listened to Maedhros telling her about what had happened. She just listened carefully as Maedhrose talked about what happened. When he was finished she gave a little nod and said, "Alright. Let's see what I can do."  

She walked over and sat down next to him. "Okay. I need to see the wound on your next. Look up a bit," she said. Maglor looked up a bit and shivered as she began until wrapping the bandages on his neck. He stiffened as he felt her feel the wound. It stung. He shut his eyes as she checked the wound a bit more. She checked a few more things by his throat and neck. She then moved on to the other wounds. Maglor was so caught up to with his nightmares and his bitterness over his throat he nearly forgot about his other wounds. Even the bandage over one of his eyes.

She finished up and said, "I can help you with the physical part however the emotional part is another story. I can only help you if you want to get better," 

Maglor looked up at her but then looked down. He did not have his notebook with him currently and she did not know the language that his brother came up with. He wanted to get over this, he wanted to get through the pain. He looked up once again though when he felt a hand on his shoulder. She looked at him and said, "I have been in middle earth since when elves awoke. I have seen many things and have learned many different things. So I can tell by the look in your eyes you want to get through this...and you will. It may be a long road though," 

Maglor nodded and she straightened up. "Good. I will rebandage your wounds and doing what I can to ease the pain. Tomorrow we will start on everything else." She said. 

"I have a question," Maedhros said. 

"Yes?" She replied as she walked to the table and began working. 

"Maglor...he has trouble sleeping due to the nightmares. Do you have anything that can help him with that?" He asked. Maglor looked at his older brother then at her. 

She nodded and said, "I have herbs that help with sleep and different things like that. If he wants I can give him something and you as well if you want." 

"What? No. I am good," Maedhros replied. 

"I know you all are the grandsons of Finwe. I was a close friend of his at one time if there was one thing he was horrible at that would be lying. It seems you have that skill of his," she said not looking at him. "You are worried about your brother so it seems you have not been able to sleep from your worry. So, tonight I can give you something just help relax your mind a bit." 

Maedhros just stared at her as Maglor silently giggled. The last person to call him out so quickly for lying was their mother. Yet, it also peeked Maglor's interest that she knew their grandfather.