My Happy Ending

Author's Note: Well this is it, the end. I would like to thank each and every one of you who have read this. Thank you, thank you, thank you. It has been fun writing this. Please feel free to message me about your feelings on this. Also I will be starting a Chase Elliott story soon. Chapter 1 coming in the next day or so. Again thanks so much for reading this. I hope you all have enjoyed it.

That November
I take a deep breathe and look at myself in the full length mirror. I smile at the reflection of myself. Standing in a white strapless mermaid style wedding dress. With a sweatheart neckline, ethereal tulle skirt with ruching from the bodice through the hips and a lace-up back. A jewerled ribbon around my waist and a tulle floor length viel sits on my head. The last couple months have been perfect. Jimmie had two more wins and barley made the cut off mark to the playoffs. Finishing eight in the championship. We decided on a early winter wedding, that way the racing season is over and we have some time for a honeymoon and ourselves before preparations for the twenty twenty season starts. Our engagement was welcomed through out the NASCAR community. Fans were beyond happy for Jimmie.

"You look beautiful." I look behind me in the mirror to see my Mom.

"Is this really happening Mom?" I ask. She comes behind me and moves some of the curls of my hair to lay on my shoulders.

"Yes." There is a knock at the door and Stacy my matron of honor answers it. Jeff steps in wearing a tux with a pink rose in the lapel. He walks in and comes to stand next to me. My Mom and Stacy leave.

"You look beautiful." He says tears in his eyes.

"Stop your gonna make me cry. Stacy has already had to touch up my makeup twice." He wipes his eyes. Hands me my bouquet of pink roses and baby's breaths then extends his arm.

"Ready?" He says. I nod and loop my hand through his arm. I decided that Jeff should be the one to walk me down the isle. I have no brothers and no relationship with my Father, so Jeff was the natural choice to give me away. To some it makes so sense because we are only a few years apart in age. Me forty two and Jeff forty eight but Jeff has been like a brother to me for seventeen years. It had to be Jeff. My nerves take hold the longer we get to the chapel. Soon we are standing in front of the doors and I take a deep breath.

"You okay?" Jeff asks. I nod.

"Is this really happening?" I ask. Jeff chuckles and squeezes my hand.

"Yes." The music starts and the doors open. With each step I take to Jimmie the more my nerves disappear then the dream I had all thoughs months ago pop into my mind. No that's not gonna happen. I am going to marry Jimmie and that's, that. When Jimmie turns around I see his breath hitch in his throat and tears start to gather in his eyes. When we reach him Jeff takes my hand from his arm and hands it over to Jimmie. We face each other, a goofy smile on both our faces.

"You look stunning." Jimmie says, reaching forward and cupping my face. I lean into his touch.

"Ladies and gentlemen we are gathered here today." And the service begins. We decided on a transitional service the vows written by us.

"Jimmie. What can I say about this moment? I never thought I would get here, let alone with you. You have been my everything for so long I can not see my life without you. You have been my rock, my protecter, my friend and my confidant. I can not wait to start this next chapter with you. I promise to always be by your side. From the good to the bad. I promise to always believe in you even when you don't believe in yourself. I promise to love you till the end of my days. You have me Jimmie, now, tomorrow and always."

"Paige. Who would have thought seventeen years ago when you walked into HMS, that we would be standing here today? Through every up and down, you have been there. Seventeen years of loyalty, friendship, laughs and tears. Now we start a new part of our lives. I hope every day that I can make you as happy as you make me. Thank you for believing me in when no one else did and I myself sometimes didn't. I promise to love you till my dying day and I promise to never make you feel anything less then the wonderful women you are. From now till the end." I reach up and wipe a tear from my eye. After the exchange of rings we are pronounced husband and wife. I smile into the long kiss we share and when we turn to face our family and friends, a sense of peace washes over me. Some pictures were taken at the church then at my request HMS, then we head to the reception. We are waiting to enter when Jimmie pulls me into his arms.

"How are feeling Mrs. Johnson?" I smile.

"Happy." Jimmie smiles and kisses me. When we pull away he leans his forehead against mine. The doors open and we walk in and take the center dance floor. Tim McGraw and Faith Hill's 'It's Your Love' starts to play. We start to dance around the ballroom floor.

"I got you." Jimmie says.

"Yes, yes you did." I reply. So this is my happy ending? And man is it a happy ending.