Epilogue 1

woof i got totally carried away writing epilogues. i just love this world and the characters so much and i wasn't ready to let them go🥺

these all take place a few weeks after Minho becomes a vampire btw

hope you like them

----------------------------------------

~ Part 1 ~

It hadn't taken long for another storm to roll over the Olympic Peaks — baseball weather. Now that I was a vampire, I could take part in the game. Now that I was a vampire, I had the time and patience necessary to care about it. The family was very excited to teach me how to play, and more than a little bit of that was because it was going to be a catastrophe.

Jisung planted me on a seemingly random spot in the field, gave me a bat, and perched a pinstripe cap on my head.

"Time for the initiation," Felix said abruptly, clapping his hands together.

Before I could react, he and the other six crowded in around me and started tickling, prodding, and poking me. I dropped to the grass and laugh-screeched till I was breathless.

Jisung came to my rescue — shooed them away like they were hyenas feasting on a carcass — and helped me to my feet. He held my face in his hands and gave me an unbearably gentle kiss.

And then jabbed his fingers into my armpits. More hysterical laughing.

They eventually left me alone. Jisung stood hundreds of feet away, tossing the ball back and forth between his hands. The rest were on standby, appraising my stance.

He threw the ball in my direction. My eyes closed as I swung. The ball flew past the bat.

"Yo, aim for the ball!" Hyunjin shouted.

"Screw off!" I called back.

I picked up the ball and flung it to Jisung. He threw it again, and this time, I kind of hit it. It veered to the side and bounced once before I scooped it up and threw it back.

There was a lot of pathetic swinging and missing. I hardly needed the storm to cover the sound of the ball's impact — the best I could get out of it was a dull thwack. It didn't even make it into the trees most of the time.

"Do you want to try pitching, my love?" Jisung asked.

I dropped my arms, zipped up to him, and frowned as I handed him the bat.

He rubbed my slumped shoulders and asked, "Having fun?"

"I'm a disgrace."

"You're our disgrace."

"Thank you, life partner."

He patted my butt before sprinting off.

"Don't hold back, Minho," Jeongin said. "Really chuck it."

"You guys can leave if you don't want to watch more of... whatever this is."

"Pshaw," Chan said. "It's cute — like watching a calf learn how to walk."

"That's very reassuring, Chan."

He shot his finger-guns at me from across the field.

I wound up and threw the ball as hard as I could. It was barely a second before a sound like thunder exploded through the clearing, and the ball sailed across the sky, toward the forest, and disappeared into the trees.

I swore loudly and threw my arms in the air. Jisung raced up and crushed me in a bear hug.

"Minho, that was fantastic!" he exclaimed.