Chapter 6

Jelly's POV:

It's been a week since the last encounter with John and I admit, my mind has been riled up for a week too, and to be honest I don't want to see him again because the attraction for him I have burried for a long time is starting to rise from it's grave scaring my already wounded heart. I was curently sitting with my high school friends together with their families at Sophia's birthday my other best friend from highschool first daughter talking and just laughing reminiscing the stupid shits we shared way back then. Those times are undeniably beautiful to look back except the time I saw John kissing another woman. Jade, Sophia's mom and dad started dating after the prom night after Rico now Jade's husband had the courage to confess his undying love for Jade.  I remember Jade's laughter after the incident. The vividness of her description on how nervous Rico way back then that he almost tripped on his way back to his seat because he can't believe that he was able to dance and talk to the woman he had wanted for so long. I was laughing hysterically when she stood and demonstrated exactly what happened of course with extra twist to make it sound funnier than it already is. Rico was just staring with adoration for his wife making fun of him. I kinda feel envious and reminisced the times when I pictured myself being like this with John. I was busy reminiscing that I did not notice that every one is staring at me with a questionning look. I gave them a clueless look when Jade stood and shook me a little. Oh my gosh!  Jade we have been busy laughing here and you just suddenly spaced out. What's going on with you?  Are you okey?  She asked while feeling my forehead. I shook her hand and laugh. I'm totally fine!  I said in between laughs. She never changed she is still the over acting Jade I knew from highschool. She sighed dramatically and said: John have asked you five times if he could take the seat next to you but you just kept silent. The mention of John's name made me look around and there I saw smiling John looking at me like we are okey. I gave him a saccharine smile which I think he got that I'm faking enthusiasm seeing him here. We had a staring contest when Rico cleared his throat and gave John a pat on his shoulder and whispered something on his ear that made him snort. A waiter served some more wine on our table but I was careful not to drink much.  I was sipping my drink when my phone rang. I took my phone out of my bag when I saw the caller's name.  It was Ryan my gay coworker at work who does not want to tell the world of what he really was.He was my date tonight but he got a little late because  he had an emergency when he was about to leave their house to come here.  I answered and can't help but smile because he said he was just outside and will be here any minute now.  I stood up and excused myself to fetch Ryan because he was starting to look funny craning his neck trying to find me. I giggled when I reached his spot and huggged him. He turned around and walked back to my friends'table.  As we approach them all eyes were glued on our entwined hand. Ryan was aware of my feelings towards john and I somehow managed to forced him to be my date tonight. I was desperate and Ryan only agreed because I bribed him a two way vacation ticket to Hawaii.
Everybody I want you all to meet my date Ryan Villegas.Everybody seemed to forgot their manners and only realized after Ryan  jokingly said that he was glad that everybody was awed at him. Rico was the first to speak and offered a handshake then so was everybody including John. They welcomed him and offered him what the table currently  has to offer. Ryan hugged me and secretly whispered how hot John was and put on a show by kissing my cheeks after he said it which almost made me roll my eyes at him. I hugged him back and whispered to him to watch his hormones and remember his incoming vacation if he still wants to have it and then giggled and let go. As I continued eating I looked at John at my peripheral vision while trying hard not to laugh because Ryan is pinching my legs secretly aunder the table which Jade had noticed and told us to get a room.  John has an unreadable expression while eating his food. Ryan leaned down again on me and whispered that I should not waste such a Godly like figure and should just throw myself at him which made me giggle again because Ryan was saying it in his usual gayly way. John suddenly stood and told everybody that he has to go to the bar. Just as he left,  the dj excitedly announced that it's time for the adult to dance since the kids were all sleepy after eating. A rock music was played and I pulled Ryan with me on the dance floor and danced. We were just both laughing while talking about John in a whisper whenever we are close to each other making sure nobody's listening and even use "Vitamin" as code name for John.