My First Night

I'm glad work is over. This project is killing my fingers and my wrists. I typed as much I could today. Worked on the PowerPoint presentation for the company event and there. All done. I click on the left mouse pad. Time to leave this office. It's been a ten hour shift. Today is Wednesday and I still have to meet up with John. They want to hang out at a fancy bar again. I get Stacy loves the high end places. I'm glad I got this promotion to afford it. Sigh. Alright. I clock out through the system before I leave. Clean up my desk. Make sure the chair is scooted close to the desk. Were good. These chairs really aren't all that comfy. I'm a pretty tall guy. It's your basic grey cushioned office chair. Got my phone in my left pocket. My keys on my right pocket. Good. The computer is off. Which means I'm doing a really good job. Yay me. I parked where? I parked at the other block near the coffee shop. Living in New York City isn't so bad. Right? Not where I'm at. If I'm lucky I find parking right in front but I usually park around the block of the building. That or around the buildings next to this one. I'm going to need some coffee if I'm going stay awake. It's eight at night right now. Stacy and John are probably already there. I'm walking out the door of the office to cross the cross walk. I'm running to make this cross walk with three seconds left. I get to the other side. I look at the cars around me and the people. I wonder who's happy with their job. I wouldn't say I'm happy with mine, but it pays a living and I get to go out to pretty cool places and travel. I cross the next crosswalk and see my car as well as the coffee shop. I can smell the coffee. It smells great. I walk in only to see that there is a long line for coffee. All the tables are taken as well.

I look behind me. It's a co-worker of mine. It's Lisa. She says "Hey, how'd the meeting go today." I'm not really looking to make a conversation. I usually just like to leave the office without talking to anybody unless I have to. I don't want to be rude either. I respond "It went great. Everyone is caught up for the company event. Harold is proud of the team's work." She looks like she's happy today. Happier than usual. She has blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a pretty face. She's not thin, but she's not average either. "That's great. I notice you working hard. Sometimes I think a little too hard. You spend a lot of hours in the office than most of us. I just happened to work a long day today." She notices I'm working hard? We usually don't have time to talk. I'm kind of glad she talking to me now. "Really? I mean it is a company presentation. I wouldn't want to mess it up in anyway. I just got the promotion and need to make a good impression for having more to work with." She chuckles. "You're funny." I'm funny? What does she mean by that? I turn forward to see the line is getting shorter and shorter. She continues "Well, what kind of drink you usually get?" I suppose this is passing time. "I usually get coffee. Sometimes I'd get hot chocolate. If it weren't cold I'd lean toward a sweet drink like ice tea." She's wearing a light sweater that's an off vanilla color. A white t-shirt along with dark jeans and black heel boots. She's about as tall as me. She looks 5'9 to me. I'm 6'2 tall and she's thirty two years old? Is she married? She asks another question "How old are you?" I tell her feeling contempt "I'm thirty five years old." She looks at me thinking a bit then asks "You look great for your age. I'm thirty three years old." I wasn't too far off from what I had thought. "Thanks." I didn't think I looked great for my age. I'm a pretty average looking guy. That's what I think. The young guy at the register asks what I'd like to order today. I told him "I'd like a coffee." The price comes out to be three dollars and fifty three cents. I then wait at the opposite end where they give you your order. Lisa is ordering then comes to wait for her order as well. A few orders go by. Three orders were ahead of me then they call me name. "Jeraed small coffee." I then get my small coffee with my big tall looking hands and head out of the coffee shop.

I put my coffee on top of the car and get my car keys out of my right pocket. Then get my coffee and take a sip of it. I sit in my car. Turn on the engine sit my coffee on the coffee holder and put my seat belt. I notice Lisa looking at me with her hot drink in her hand walking out the coffee shop. She goes to the block down towards work. I take my phone out and see that it's eight thirty three. I open the message I got from Stacy. It says "Hey, coming to the bar tonight? I brought a friend of mine." A friend? I wonder if I met this friend before. I text back "Yes, I'm on my way." Then I see that John text me too. I open the text from him and he's says "The girl is pretty cute. I think you're going to like her. Penny, Fernando and Jacob are here too." Penny is his wife. Jacob is a good friend of the group. Fernando is the new guy to the group I met last time. He's from Uruguay and just moved here a couple months ago. I put on the GPS on my cars navigation system to the location the bar is at. Its ten minutes from where I'm at. I nudge myself out of this parallel parking and make a right at the first street. I'm exhausted. I take sips off my coffee along the way. I'm feeling warmed up too. I love coffee. I try not to drink much of it but I do anyway. Ten minutes passes from driving and I arrive at the bars location. I park at the parking spot with no problem. I take my keys off the engine put it in my right pocket and take my phone I forgot in my left pocket. I take my coffee and open the car door. Lock the door through the car door lock button and close the car door shut with my right knee. I'm still in my work clothes. I'm not really too happy about that. I'm wearing dark blue jeans with dark brown combat boots. A black dress shirt. I've got my favorite black belt on today. I walk towards the building to take the elevator. It's on the near top of the building so I press number ten. I guess the other part if this building is part of the hotel that's here. Pretty fancy hotel I'd say. I continue to sip on my coffee.