16 | psa. you messed up again

"What are you still doing up?" Stefan asked once he entered Evelyn's room.

"I'm not tired," she answered, not looking up at him from her desk.

"It's three in the morning and you had a long day, how are you not tired?"

"I don't know, I'm just not," she said with a shrug.

"I know you haven't been sleeping for the past few days, I've been staying here with Elena and I can hear you moving around."

She finally spun in her chair to look at him, "How often are you here?"

"That's...not important," he replied, "Don't try to change the subject."

"I just haven't been tired. You should go back to Elena before she realizes you're gone. She's a light sleeper."

"You would tell me if something was wrong though, right?"

"Right," she said looking back at herdesk, "Goodnight, Salvatore."

"Night, Evie," he said before leaving the room.

'Wanna go to the Mystic Grill today?' Tyler texted later in the morning.

'Yeah, sounds good,' she texted back. 'What time?'

'I'll pick you up at noon?'

'Sounds good.'

"Evelyn?" Elena's voice came from her door.

"Yes?"

"I was wondering, I mean, if you want to of course," she stumbled over her words. "I was wondering if you wanted to go with me to see one of our birth mother's friends?"

"Why would I want to do that?" Evelyn raised an eyebrow.

"Aren't you a little bit curious?"

"Not really, no," she shook her head. "She isn't our mom, she's just some egg donor who isn't relevant to us anymore. Why are you pushing this so much?"

"Closure, I think."

"You think?"

"Her name is Isobel."

"Huh?"

"Our birth mom."

"Oh," Evelyn said with a shrug, "have fun meeting her friend."

Evelyn made herself busy before eventually Tyler showed up to take her to the Grill.

"I'm sorry I've been kind of distant lately, a lot of stuff has been going on and I've just been distracted," Evelyn apologized as we walked into the Grill.

"You're fine," he replied, looking over at her. "If there is anything you need to talk about, I'm here."

"Thanks," she said with a small smile as they made their way to a table after ordering.

"Are you coming to the fundraiser tonight?" Tyler asked.

"What fundraiser?" she questioned.

"The one we always do."

"Right...uh," Evelyn furrowed her eyebrows. "Yeah, probably."

"I'm gonna run to the bathroom, I'll be back."

Nodding, she looked down at her food and ate the fries.

"You look tired," Stefan said, joining her at the table.

"I'm not," Evelyn said, eating another fry. "What do you want?"

"Nothing," he shrugged. "I just saw you and wanted to say hi."

Saudade | D. SALVATOREजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें