9 | i lose my temper...again

"Where did Vicki say she was going?" Sheriff Forbes asked Evelyn. They had been called in for questions on Vicki's sudden disappearance.

"She didn't."

"Did she tell her brother where she was going?"

"Not that I know of."

"Is there anyone I can talk to that may know what happened to her prior to her leaving town?"

"Stefan, maybe," Evelyn shrugged. He was helping her, along with me, with some of her problems."

"What was he doing there?"

"Trying to help, he knew that Elena and I were worried about Jeremy, he was dating Vicki and she had a drug problem, so he tried to help."

"So he got involved because you and Elena asked him to?"

"We thought that by helping Vicki, he was helping our brother."

"What was her behavior like those last few days before she left?"

"She was out of it, like she was high or something."

"Any signs of aggression or violence?"

"None more than usual."

"So you believe Vicki really has left town?'

"Yeah, I do," Evelyn answered.

Jenna, Jeremy, Elena and Evelyn all left the building to stumble upon Stefan who was waiting for Elena. Elena turned to the three, "I'll meet you guys at the car.'

The three of them made their way to the car as Stefan and Elena talked.

"You okay?" Stefan asked her.

"I don't think the Sheriff suspected anything," Elena explained. "Jeremy had no memory at all. All he knew was what Damon made him know."

"Thank you," he said before asking the question Evelyn had seen coming. "How is she?"

"She's...been better," Elena nodded. "She has stayed cooped up in her room this whole time, this was her first time out since... Anyway, it's been rough, but she'll pull through, I know she will."

He nodded.

"I can't do this Stefan. Every time I look at Matt or Jeremy, all I think is that Vicki is never gonna come back. And they'll never know why. Around you people get hurt and people die. I can't I just...it's just too much...."

"Why don't we go somewhere and talk about it," he suggested.

"No, Stefan, you have to stay away from me."

Elena made her way into the car and Evelyn was the first to speak. "Careful El..." she mumbled with her head against the window. "You might just lose him forever."

Evelyn's motivation had been deteriorating more than it already had. Every time she was even in the same room as Jeremy she had to fight the urge to cry.

"You're wallowing," Jenna informed Elena.

"So are you."

"My wallow is legitimate," Jenna pointed out and Evelyn frowned. Another person dead. "I was dumped."

"Well Logan's a jerk," Elena pointed out.

"You didn't get a brush-off email that said: 'I'm leaving town. See ya.'"

"Wanna keep it down over there?" Jeremy's voice piped up.

"Why? What are you doing?" Jenna asked.