Chapter 34

Mera just sat in the hospital room beside Peter's bed. Ever since they found the two of them in the ocean, Mera had yet to leave his side. The one exception was when she had to step outside so that they could work on his injuries.

14 broken bones. That was the damage he received in the breakout. Him breaking one bone would be enough to torture her.

Mera just stared at her unconscious boyfriend not only in sadness, but also in realization. She had a flashback of talking to Atlanna at Tom's light house, and she remembered her saying that at a certain moment, she would know when she would love him. And Mera had been so aware of that moment for so long, wondering if it has happened. Wondering if she really did love him. Well a few hours ago, she finally got her answer.

Seeing Peter falling lifelessly from the platform was her moment. The hurt that she felt inside of her made her realize her true feelings. Feelings that were buried so deep down that even she did not realize that she had them. But they all exploded to the surface in the prison breakout. She now realizes where this hurt was coming from.

Love. She is in love with Peter Parker.

And with her knowing that fact, makes the situation even worse for her. Because she knows that Peter has been itching to hear her say those same three words that he has said to her multiple times. Yet she had always held back because she was unsure of if she loved him or not. And now when she finally realizes that she does love him, now that she is finally able to tell him, she can't. Or at least until he wakes up.

'You know what, screw that.' she thought to herself as she moved her chair even closer to Peter's bed. She softly grasped Peter's hand and softly caressed it.

"Peter, if you can hear me I need you to listen. I want to, no....I need to have you back. I cannot spend another second without seeing your face again. Seeing your amazing eyes gaze into mine, feeling your lips on my own, and hearing all the corny, yet funny jokes you make." Mera started, her eyes continuing to produce tears. "And I need you to wake up so that I can tell you. Peter Parker......I love you."

The way that sentence rolled off her tongue sounded so perfect. Mera had to smile at her last sentence. "I love you. You're smart, kind, funny, caring, determined, and you have the purest soul that I have ever known. You also have the biggest and most wonderful heart that I have ever known. And.......and........." Mera had to stop herself due to a sob that escaped her throat. She then proceeded to wipe here eyes.

"Well don't stop there, keep going." Another voice said.

Mera's eyes snapped open and focused on Peter, who was currently looking at Mera with his mask off. A large smile was present on his lips.

"And you have the mind of the most evil person on the planet!" Mera finished, placing her hands on her hips. She then put on her best frown, when in truth she was very happy to see that Peter was awake. He only chuckled in response, but then grimaced and held onto his ribs.

"Ribs are still healing." he said quietly. "And it's not evil to let your girlfriend speak.......especially when she's complementing you." he added with that same nerdy smile.

Once he flashed that smile, Mera struggled to keep her frown present on her face. She put her face into her hands and groaned. "You were awake the entire time?" she asked once she removed her hands.

"Not the entire time. The first thing I comprehended was when you said that I had corny jokes." Peter replied.

"You do have corny jokes." Mera smirked in his direction. "But I also said they were funny too." she added. Then she walked right up to him and placed a soft kiss on his lips. "I'm so glad you're alright.....ish." she said.