Chapter 32

"Hello Mera." Peter said happily and awaited for the sound of her voice. But instead he was first greeted with a swirling sound. "Wait, what is that swirling noise?" he asked.

"Well, if you must know," Mera started. "There is this little thing that exists, and I don't know if you've heard about it or not, but there is this thing that exists called water. It is usually what makes up the oceans."

Peter rolled his eyes at Mera's greeting. It must be the sound of the ocean, so she must still be underwater. "Great to hear from you too Mera." he said after a second. He heard Mera chuckle through the phone. The sound sent warm feelings throughout his body.

"It's great to hear from you too Peter." she said. "I wanted to ask you something." she added.

"You can ask me anything." Peter said. He almost regretted saying that once he heard her question.

"Would you like to meet my dad, in about an hour?" she asked, tentatively. Peter, who was currently walking out to the balcony, was now frozen in his tracks. Meet Mera's dad? Here? Now? Is the world going to explode?!

"Peter?" Mera asked, her nervousness becoming more evident in her voice.

"Yes." Peter said. He knew not what made him say that, but he just did so...... "Yes, I'll meet him today. On one condition."

"What?" Mera asked.

"If right after we are done meeting him, we go on our date." Peter said.

"Ooooooh, interesting. What did you have in mind?" Mera asked.

"Just us seeing a movie. I know it's not something very exciting but I figured-"

"It's perfect." Mera interrupted. "It's perfect to me. I've had enough excitement for a while." she continued.

"Oh. Well great. I'll see you in an hour then." Peter said. "Usual place?" he asked.

"Yeah. See you then." Mera said with a smile before she hung up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An hour later, and Peter was dressed up and waiting in the usual place. He wasn't dressed in a tux or anything like that, but he did wear a nice collared maroon shirt with black jeans. He also kept pacing the building back and forth in anticipation for meeting Mera's dad.

How in the hell was he supposed to pull this off? Of course he could handle bad guys on a daily basis, but he could not meet specific important people in relationships. 'Ugh, why must this be so frustrating?!' he thought to himself as he continued to pace the room.

Peter was so occupied at calming himself, that he failed to see Mera slip into the building and lean against a wall in amusement at Peter's situation. 'That worked-up face is so cute.' she thought to herself. "You know, if you continue to pace like that you're gonna wear a hole through the floor and fall into the ocean." she finally said.

Peter jumped, actually jumped, on the spot and whirled in the direction of her voice. Once he saw it was her, he just sighed in relief. "Mera, don't do that." he said, walking to her. She was wearing a dark green blouse with black jeans and dark green heels to match her blouse.

"Maybe you should learn to be more observant at times." Mera said smirking. Peter rolled his eyes and leaned in and kissed Mera's lips, in which she returned.

Peter broke away when he remembered. "Where's your dad?" he asked.

"Right, about that......" Mera trailed off. "I got to thinking and....maybe meeting my dad could wait until tomorrow."