-4-

"One two Freddy's coming for you... Three four better lock your door... Five six grab your crucifix... Seven eight better stay up late... Nine ten never sleep again." I muttered, sitting alone near the lake instead of washing the close, more interested in the blood dripping of my arm and willingly this time.

I closed my hand and flexed my muscles in my left arm, watching the blood flow out faster from the ten cuts made with the sharp stone I found on the ground since I couldn't get my hands on another razor blade, I've been doing this for a while, the doctor would patch me up since that is his job and not to be sure I don't start again, found a hoodie with that was caked with mud that couldn't be washed out and thrown out so I kept it to hide this from Ashy.

She was getting impatient and wanted to know if yes or no I was on board but I still pushed it off for the simple reason I know we'd fail and end up in the bed of whoever caught me. I just didn't want to risk it...

Her plan was to sneak out at night at go to the nearest river which to a waterfall and jump down there and just run from there but it was just too far fetched for me... I just couldn't care.

I fixed my glasses on my face and went to clean the clothes, taking my sweet ass time with it to be able to get away from everything as long as I wish but not too long either or they will come get me and it'll be over for me.

I carried the clothes back to the hanging racks and started hanging them up when I felt a familiar shove in the back and ended up grabbing a hanging shirt and snapped the hanging line.

"You can't do you work right can you?! My father should kill you!"

I felt a boot to my ribs, and it was one of the many, my face, chest, stomach, legs were sore when the alpha's son had run out of kicking power.

"You bitch!" I was holding in the tears despite them being right behind my eyes, it would always make it worst if we cried or begged, he ground his foot on the sleeve on the arm I had just cut open.

"I'm s-sorr--," "Who told you you could talk?!" I flipped over to my other side with the strength of a kick to the face. I brought my hand to my nose dripping blood.

I couldn't stop a scream of pain as in his anger him jumped with his whole weight on my extended leg and everyone around heard the snap that followed.

I rolled up, tears escaping my as my left hand tightly grabbed my pant leg as I panted in pain, this is dwarfing everything else in comparison.

I hit my head against the ground softly trying to shake myself back together after laying there for a while, left in the dirt with the clothes before I got on my knees and hands, dragging myself to the doctor as another slave took up my work.

She wasn't gentle nor compassionate with us, her job was just to get us back into working condition so she had just grabbed my foot and turned it back in the right way before making a cast around my calf and left me to go back.

The bottom of the cast was rubber and rounded so I could walk on it so despite the pain of it all I just wiped my tears and finished hanging my clothes.

I smiled at something, I might have not mentioned it but even if we aren't mates there was this old slave girl with hair like mine and blue eyes and we were together.

"Hey Maria." I said, grabbing a broom and helping her sweep the ground in the pack house.

"Ssh we aren't supposed to talk on the job, what the hell did you do?" She whispered at me.

"Nothing, you heard the alpha's son broke up with his girlfriend right?"

"Right."

"Well you also know he beats any slave into smithereens?" 

"Right."

"I think I got lucky enough that he was a bit calmed down when my turn came for his anger or he wouldn't have stopped after breaking my tibia."

"Goddess." She stopped sweeping with a sigh and placed a small kiss on my lips making me smile. "You are just unlucky aren't you?"

"More then most."

"The moon goddess really should go easy on you." I shrugged going back too cleaning, I never blamed the goddess for actions of her creations, she didn't make them do this to us but she made it so we weren't mates with someone from this pack.

That night Ashy pointed her nose with her two arms in slings and her face purple and blue.

"Alpha son?"

"Alpha son, alpha son?"

"Alpha son."

"Little bitch boy can't take rejection can he?"

"I suppose he can't." I laughed, breaking the half dry small loaf of bread I had for dinner in half and fed her as she couldn't use her hands, we healed slower then normal wolves since we were never fed meat and only fed once or twice in a week.

"So is she up for it?"

"I forgot to ask Ashy, sorry to disappoint." I said lowering my head while she shook her head.

"I am not just frustrated, we need to escape while we can and if you keep forgetting to tell Maria we will need to leave her behind and the more we are the more chance there is for us to be caught."

"I know I know I just cannot leave her here Ashy, just give me a month please.... That's all I ask, plus we need to be healed completely and get the new patrol plans first."

"True, I will get the plans."

"But As--" "No I will, I can deal with being used that way but you can't, not anymore and for a long while now, you think I don't know but I do, I know about the cuts.... Please Ashley.... Please to not give up hope, we can get away from here just have a little hope."

"Damn you Ashy." I said rubbing my eyes to get the tears out of them as we finished with our food and water before laying down, snuggled together like always, even more now that the cold winter was coming and the basement wasn't heated like the rest of the home.