« Chapter Twenty Eight - The Date »

I literally have no idea what I'm doing and writers block is getting annoying so, sorry, this was horrible. I greatly apologise to you all who actually liked this book but I'm pretty sure I've ruined it with my bad writing, sorry.

Honestly, as I got ready that evening I still didn't believe it, although I knew it was a date it didn't escape my mind that he might have just been doing it to make me feel better, not because he liked me.

It hurt, a lot, non reciprocated feelings are the worst. They're up there in the top three with cheese and cutlery scraping across a plate.

I wore a black and white sun dress with my hair in a half up half down, my regular boots on my feet, as per request of Charlie.

"Are you going to tell me where we're going?" I questioned but he simply smiled as he grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the cabin. It was dark, around eight o'clock and as he led me down to the dragon reserve I grew more confused.

We tracked through the mud for a little while more, passing the occasional herd of Norwegian Ridgebacks as we walked.

"Charlie, where are we going," I whined as he held my hand, a basket in the other. He dragged me across a rickety bridge before we finally arrived at the destination

It's beautiful!

It was a large lake lit up by the moonlight, the water so clear you could see the fish as they swam, thousands of fireflies dancing through the air reflecting off of the surface.

I gasped as Charlie set the basket down, grabbing a blanket and laying it on the ground. It reminded me of the picnic we had on the hill but I payed no mind to that as I took a seat beside him.

"Do you like it?" He questioned and I grinned.

"Like it? I love it," I assured him, making him sigh in relief. He lay fully down and gestured for me to do the same. We gazed up at the stars, the many sparkling white lights being mesmerising to the eye. He occasionally pointed out a constellation, making me smile.

"Love?" He questioned and I hummed, indicating I was listening and for him to continue.

"How do you feel about me?" He spoke bluntly, shocking me speechless.

"As in what way?" I played dumb, sitting up, him doing the same.

"As in us, how do you feel about this," he answered, gesturing to us both.

"How do you feel about this?" I dodged.

"My family think I'm going to be a forever bachelor and there was a time I thought that too. I thought I could never find someone who I really love and connect with, that is until I met you, so yeah I don't like this, I want more," the words hit deep, his smile making me melt as tears of happiness welled up in my eyes.

"Why are you crying," he laughed, making me chuckle, wiping my eyes, embracing him in a tight hug.

"To answer your question, I don't like this either, I want more too," I laughed, pulling away. His grin was so big I'm surprised his cheeks didn't split.

He brought his hand up to cup my cheek as I sighed in content, placing my own hand over it, placing a kiss on his palm.

He brought his face closer to mine, moving his hands to wrap around my waist, pulling me tight against his chest. Taking the hint I wrapped my arms around his neck, staring into his beautiful blue eyes.

He scanned over my face, lit up by the moonlight before smirking. He knew what he was doing.

"Smooth git," I whispered, my breath fanning against his face.

"You love it," he winked, his lips brushing mine. Like a tease, fiery and passionate. I wanted to pull away before I lost myself but I couldn't seem to...In this moment, he was all I see, my senses blurred and no longer can I think straight.

He kissed me and the world fell away. It was slow and soft, comforting in ways that words would never be.

You would think that after all the hours I'd spent with Charlie - talking, laughing and his cute pouting - that I would know all there was to know about his lips. But I hadn't imagined how warm they would feel pressed up against my own.

The kiss didn't last much longer as we pulled away, gasping for breath.

"I love you," he spoke through deep breaths, making me grin.

"I love you too," I smirked, placing another light kiss on his lips.

"Well this date took a turn," he chuckled, making me snort in laughter.

"That it did Charles,"

"Well now that is cleared up, Madison Davies will you be mine?" His voice husky, making me swoon, my emotions still all over the place from the kiss.

"Only if you'll be mine as well,"