« Chapter One - Dinner! »

Edited: 3/9/19
Edited: 26/9/19

Summer has always been my favourite time of the year where you spend your time on a beach, basking in the suns glory, not in England though. It gets slightly warmer but the rain stays, the reason it's my favourite is because I usually spent all my time with the Weasley's.

The twins had become my best friends from the moment they set foot in Hogwarts, our personalities mixing perfectly, creating the greatest pranking trio Hogwarts had ever seen (apart from the marauders, though there was four and not three).

I didn't have many friends, preferring to keep to myself, only bothering with the Weasley's, Lee and Oliver but I preferred it that way which was why I instantly accepted the Twins's request to keep Mrs Weasley company while they were off to the Quidditch World Cup.

Mrs Weasley was like a second mother to me and I enjoyed her company greatly, she feeds me, smothers me in love and the greatest thing about the deal was that I would be coming a couple days early to spend some time with them before they depart.

Due to that series of events, it brings us to now, as I packed my stuff, getting ready to floo to the burrow.

It was my last year in Hogwarts and by some miracle, I had been appointed Head Girl, Why? I have no clue, I was a smart witch but got in trouble regularly, why survive when you can live but here I am, grabbing my bag and a fist full of Floo powder as Rontu stood by my side. Rontu was a gift from my parents for my seventeenth birthday, a large greyish, black kneazle who despite his young age was already full-grown and about the size of a medium dog.

"The burrow!" I spoke clearly, throwing the fist full down and allowing the green flames to engulf me.

When the flames cleared I was greeted by my home away from home and I could smell it before I could see it, the smell of freshly cooked food and Mrs Weasley's perfume.

What I didn't prepare for was an unfamiliar redhead standing in front of the fire, as if he has been walking past and only stopped to admire the flames.

He was tall with a muscular build, longish red wavy hair and stunning brown eyes, if I hadn't been so shocked I would have been embarrassed.

We shrieked, jumping, one another's sudden presence scaring the other. The screaming alerted the Weasley's as they rushed in, looking at us in concern.

"Who are you?!" The redhead questioned and I narrowed my eyes at him raising an eyebrow.

I was unable to reply as Fred and George ran over to me, crushing me in a tight hug. Rontu was done with us already as the grumpy feline made his way up to Ginny's room lazily, where he knew I would be staying, not giving the Weasley's a single ounce of his glorious attention.

"Sorry, I didn't catch your name?" I questioned, pulling away from the twins and he smirked, I could already tell he was going to be trouble.

"Charlie Weasley, pleasure to meet you," he spoke charmingly and I smiled a tight-lipped smile at his smirk, attempting to not look too amused.

"Madison Davies, charmed," I winked, shaking his outstretched hand. He had a strong grip which was the first thing I noticed and his worker hands, rough but also gentile at the same time.

"What were my favourite people doing before I arrived?" I questioned with a grin and Mrs Weasley smiled, practically glowing in pride which piqued my interest.

"We were just congratulating Percy on becoming Head Boy," at my noise of obvious distress, I fell back into George's arms as Fred pretended to fan me. My reaction had Percy smirking but it was soon wiped off his face at my next reply.

"And I thought I was getting peace this year, why couldn't you have told me this before I accepted the Head Girl position," I whined, sighing dramatically. I didn't really have anything against Percy, he could just be a bit of a git at times.

"Does that mean you two have to share a dorm?" George questioned which made me scream but it came out muffled due to the pillow I had snatched off the sofa and pressed against my face. I put it away and ran my fingers through my hair, my grey eyes glaring dangerously at Percy.

"Do not ruin my last year! Please," my voice softening at the end. Ginny was the next one to welcome me, pulling me into a tight hug but winced as she put pressure on the still sensitive tissue on my side.

"You hit me right in the Quidditch injury," I said, referring to my hip which was still bruised from a bludger incident from before the summer.

We lost balance and laughed as she hopped up. Charlie held his hand out for me and I glanced at it for a moment of hesitation before slipping my hand into his and allowing him to hoist me up.

"Thanks," I said, dusting myself off.

"No problem,"

There was a moment of silence before the greatest word of all time was called.

"Dinner!"