« Chapter Six - Daily Profit »

Edited: 28/9/19

Darkness was approaching fast, Mrs Weasley confessed it was rare for her to get some peace and quiet so we simply sat on the sofa. She was getting a head start on the Christmas jumpers while I was reading my NEWT Care of Magical Creatures textbook. Starting early never hurt anyone.

We stayed in a comfortable silence for a while before our peacefulness was disturbed by the tapping of a window. I stood before Mrs Weasley had the chance to even set her knitting down and set off towards the window.

The Weasley's owl, Errol was there, roughed up and out of breath, the poor thing was on his last legs.

I let the brown owl in and he landed on my shoulder. I gave him a treat and took the copy of the Daily Profit off of him.

'What was the Daily Profit doing sending out newspapers at this time' I thought with a furrowed brow but it soon disappeared as I read the headline.

QUIDDITCH CUP DISASTER

The more I read the more worry built up inside of me. Death Eaters!? What if someone gets hurt!? What if Fred or George get hurt!? Or Charlie!? I've grown to care for that cheeky git. Or even Percy, he may be insufferable some times but I do care about him.

"Why are you crying dear?" The concerned voice of Mrs Weasley sounded. I hadn't noticed I'd been crying until she pointed it out but I didn't trust my voice so I simply passed her the newspaper.

I sniffed and wiped my eyes with my sleeve. She gasped and discarded the paper on the table, turning to me. I knew she was just being strong for my sake, even though she had much more right than I did.

"W-what if one of them doesn't make it back?" I questioned, a lone tear running down my face, my blood running cold but Mrs Weasley didn't reply she just pulled me into a warm embrace.

I excused myself from the room, going out through the door and sitting crosslegged on the cool ground.

I nervously pulled at the strands of grass as the hours passed, Mrs Weasley, joining me after a while, sitting beside me, draping a blanket over the two of us.

I made no move to question her about her red puffy eyes and she made no move to question me about my unusual quietness. No need to ask something you already know the answer to. 

Our eyes stared straight ahead at the apparition point for what felt like an eternity until my eyes began to grow heavy, I placed my head on her shoulder and she rested her own on mine. Sleep began to catch up on us as it got later and later.

When I woke up next it was pitch black and the moon was high in the sky. I rubbed my eyes, yawning as the familiar POP reached my ears, making me shoot up.

"What's wrong dear?" Mrs Weasley questioned sleepily but when she realised what I was looking at she shot up soon after. My instincts kicked in as I broke off into a sprint, tripping over myself a couple times but not stopping until I reached the group.

"Are you okay," I questioned as I looked over Ginny, giving her a quick hug before doing the same to the trio.

Percy simply gave me a nod as I looked towards him and Bill smiled a goofy grin assuring me that they were okay.

When my eyes met that of Charlie I could no longer contain myself as I pulled him into a tight embrace, holding onto him as if he would disappear at any moment.

"I'm glad you're safe," I whispered softly, my voice cracking.

"You're not getting rid of me that easily, love," he grinned cheekily, prying me away from him as he wiped the tears from my eyes. I smiled but the moment soon ended as my eyes strayed from his and to my best friends.

I immediately pushed him away, running worriedly over to them as I spotted the cuts littering their bodies', grabbing them and talking them into the house so I could heal them.

• • •

It had been an hour or so, I didn't think I'd be able to sleep after all the drama so I simply sat on the sofa with a blanket wrapped around myself. Charlie entered the room with two mugs, handing me one.

"Thank you. Did you pu-," I was cut off.

"Yes, two sugars, just the way you like it," he said and I couldn't help but smile. He took the seat beside me and put his arm around my shoulder, I snuggled into his embrace, not caring anymore as I accepted his comfort. I yawned and eventually began to drift out of consciousness.

• • •

This is how I imagined them on the sofa.