Gomorrah's Devil

Somewhere along the highly inaccurate charted waters of the Sea of Silence lies a rust-coated and rat-infested abomination that is the Gomorrah's Devil

Somewhere along the highly inaccurate charted waters of the Sea of Silence lies a rust-coated and rat-infested abomination that is the Gomorrah's Devil. A really small ship or rather a slightly bigger boat, that is now being hammered by strong winds coming from different directions howling like wild hyenas while big waves crashing on the ship’s hull, making it roll from one side to another and then back again, making a sound that something has been broken.

But that is not the problem.

In fact, today was a lucky day for the Gomorrah’s Devil, a small freight engaged in independent trades between islands, such as carrying spices, logs, fruits, fishes, oil, and even people. Not to mention, some illegal trades such as smuggling of weeds, weapons and artilleries, and even fugitives. You name it, they will carry it.

They got the goods if ye get ems shillings.

Visibility severely restricted that they can barely see what is in front of the ship’s bow.
Just this morning the weather is good, perfect actually, but tonight it suddenly evolves into a full-blown hurricane.

After all, at sea, especially at the Sea Of Silence, nobody really knows what lies ahead; all you have is a really good guess.
Even a sailor that has spent a lifetime running away from the Davey Jones locker has no match to the unpredictability of the weather.

--- Captains Office ---

At the captain’s office at the sternmost section of the ship, while the waves are hitting the hull, there inside with only a lamp illuminating the cabin with its flickering light as it swings on the hook that is used to secure it onto the ceiling above the table, Captain Gunnar is looking at the letter he receives days ago via a blue pigeon courier, a courier system that utilizes a special breed of pigeons that is excellent at tracking, navigating and homing system.

Usually, the pigeons are trained in a way as to remember two locations and deliver messages back and forth, but in the cases of ships that are involved in trades in different islands; the system involves training multiple pigeons that are specialized in each area.

Users must be aware of the approximate location and course of the recipient. The pigeons then were trained to identify the ships and their unique characteristics. Usually, the flag is the common marker as this is the most unique part of the ship for each ship bears a different flag, a jolly roger in case of pirates ships.

It is a letter from Benjamin.

***

My friend Nicholas,

I wrote this letter to you in the hopes that we would be able to convene at the Anchor-shrine isle during the black hearts festival on the 13th of May. It is with regards to a matter of utmost importance for the trade of spices between the islands around the triangle and the kingdom of All-White. I am hoping for you, for Maxus’, and the rest of our brother’s presence.