Day 24: A Wild Rose

Start from the beginning

"Aside from that, we have to show Eri the horse carriage, possibly get caramel apples, and.. I think we go to U.A, then go home for the break. Are you going to stay over, Shocchan?" Midoriya tilted his head quizzically.

"Actually.. I've been thinking of another idea."

"Oh yeah, Shouto? What were you thinking about?" Deku questioned Todoroki, curiosity beginning to sneak into his emerald irises. For Todoroki to be suggesting something other than what they had planned, Deku assumed it might be important.

"I wanted to introduce you to my siblings, if possible.. if you've already shown me what your home is like, I thought that returning the favor would be the best thing I can do for you," Todoroki answered. Then, his eyes timidly flickered towards the wooden floor underneath their feet. "Plus, my sister has been pestering me, wanting to meet you in person.."

Izuku chuckled, a pink color shading in underneath his freckles. He was a little intimidated, having to meet Todoroki's family. As he had gotten angry at Endeavor on several occasions, and stood up for Todoroki. Maybe Endeavor still had bitter feelings towards Izuku. Though, he was glad to know that he'd be able to see Todoroki's older siblings, and that Todoroki trusted him enough to allow him to visit in the first place.

"I'd love to come over," Deku replied, pecking Todoroki's cheek to assure him.

Todoroki's hair on his left side rose a little, as embers began to awaken from the ends.

"Ah! Don't get too flustered, heheh," Midoriya commented within a nervous giggle, patting out the flames before they could become a problem. A burnt down apartment on Christmas Eve might not be very ideal. "Let's grab food, okay? I think I hear some of our friends out there."

Sure enough, as they both quieted down, they heard murmurs and uproaring laughter from the kitchen.

Taking Todoroki's hands, Midoriya guided him out to the kitchen. His smile widened as soon as he recognized who these figures were.

Nejire's turquoise-lavender hair billowed after her, as she ran to retrieve a smaller boy with a dark gray baseball cap with two protruding aqua horns from the corner. Taking his hand, she tried to talk him into at least eating some kusamochi, rather than nothing at all. A simple enough treat. As soon as Deku realized who's face was shadowed under the baseball cap, he felt his heart leap with thrill.

"Kota!" Deku rushed forward, crouching down to be at eye level with Kota. "I'm so glad you're here! Oh-" He caught sight of Kota's red hightops, recognizing that they were the exact replica of his own.

Kota's face shaded red with embarrassment. Nejire chuckled, and explained for the boy. "Seems like he's still quite a fan of you, isn't he? His caretaker told me has several other pairs, too."

"Is that so? Well, I'm so happy to hear that! Comfortable, aren't they?" Deku even wore his hightops to formal events. He had refused to wear any other kind of shoes for his entire three years at U.A, and he still wasn't planning on changing that.

All Kota had to offer was a shy nod in response. Though, he had noticed that the young girl 'Eri' kept looking at him, and would quickly turn her head away when she caught him staring back. Kota wasn't the type to initiate conversation whatsoever, but if he had just the right amount of bravery as Deku, then maybe he could say a simple 'hi'.

Nejire watched as Kota was shyly peeking at Eri. "Go say hi, Kota! I'm gonna go get some food. Just get me if you want some!" She winked at him, then released his hand as she went to the counter, where Inko was occupied with frying food. Man, Deku's mom was wonderful for preparing all of this food in the first place.