TWENTY-FIVE ☆ APOLOGIES AND SECOND CHANCES

Brendon was in a carriage, and he finally reached Orzechowski Manor. Once when he saw the mansion, Brendon was reminded of the day when he approached Sarah's father and asked for his daughter's hand in marriage. He then started to think about his childhood and the times he had with Sarah. The amount of times the two snuck around the forest and told ghost stories to each other. The amount of times the two would play make believe in Sarah's pink bedroom. Not to mention, the days when they would write countless letters to each other, making sure that they would never feel alone. The carriage stopped moving, and Brendon finally got out of the vehicle. He then walked over to the mansion, while feeling a mixture of uneasiness and hopefulness. As he was doing so, Helen was watching her father through the window. Once when she saw her father, Helen's face beamed with excitement and happiness. Oh, how she missed him.

"Caroline!!" Helen called.

"What?" Caroline replied.

"Daddy's home!!"

Caroline rushes up to the window, and she was very ecstatic about her father returning. Both she and Helen jumped with excitement, and they wanted to rush downstairs to greet Brendon.

Brendon finally reached the door of the house, and he was greeted by Mr. Orzechowski, who gave him that classic expression of disdain and annoyance. Brendon slowly took off his top hat, and he exhaled a breath of nervousness. He looked at Sarah's father in the eye, and gave him a sincere look, along with a little smile.

"I would like to see my wife," Brendon said.

"I'm afraid to tell you, Boy, but she's not here," Mr. Orzechowski smirked. Brendon's smile faltered, and he suddenly felt that he already lost. He felt that he had lost his chance to finally come clean with her. Where could Sarah be if she wasn't in her own home?

"She's at the beach!!" Caroline yelled from afar. Brendon looked up, and he saw that his two daughters were standing on the stairs behind Mr. Orzechowski. Sarah's father turned around, and he rolled his eyes as he saw his granddaughters giggle and smile, while Brendon smiled back at them.

"Thanks, girls," Brendon said with gratitude.

☆☆☆

The sun was setting, the tides were slowly getting higher, and Sarah was standing at the shore, feeling the wind hit her face. She just watched the tides move, as she thought about her recent fight with Brendon. The woman didn't even want to think about Brendon at the moment, but he was the only person on her mind. Sarah missed him dearly, but she also felt that leaving him was the right thing for her to do. He didn't treat her rightfully, so she left him. But even though she left him, Sarah still had feelings for him. The waves continued to move, and Sarah tried to focus on the waves, rather on Brendon.

Brendon stood at the top of the hill, and he saw his wife standing there at the shore. Even though he couldn't see her face, Brendon could only assume that she still wore that same expression of disappointment from the fight. He took a deep breath, and Brendon slowly approached Sarah. He stood next to her, watching the ocean tides move. Sarah realized that her husband was right next to her. She didn't want to look at him straight in the eyes. She wanted to ignore him, since she wasn't in the mood to hear his excuses. Brendon looked at Sarah, and he could easily read the emotions that were on her face. He saw the sadness and anger she was still holding in. It was time that he finally open up, but he was still struggling to find the right words.

"I have brought hardships on you and our family," Brendon started. Sarah slowly turned her head, and she looked at Brendon and listened to what he had to say. "You warned me.....and I wouldn't listen. Sarah, you deserve so much more.....more than what I gave you. I'm sorry that I disappointed you with everything. I'm sorry that I wasn't being the most honest with you. I'm sorry that I left you all alone when you needed me. I just.....I just wanted to be more than what I was, and I wanted to give you everything.....just to make you happy."