C H A P T E R . ➊➐: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐝

❦ It's the last midnight

     It's the last verse 

.............................................

Harper POV

Me and Elyse were giggling girlishly about Johnny asking me out when I saw 2 young men in tailored suits taking luggage to a black limousine, a lot of luggage. Was someone moving out? Impossible, that nearly never happened. Elyse nudged me and pointed at them,

'' Now what do they think they're doing?'' One man turned around, acknowledging her question.

'' We're helping Mr. Darkwell transfer. ''

'' Transfer dorms?'' I asked, incredulous. But he had the best dorm in the whole school!

'' No miss,'' he corrected me, '' Changing schools.''

My mouth fell open. What?! No,this is impossible. Elyse's happy expression morphed into a frown. A incomprehensible emotion flooded her face as she took steps back. She was muttering to herself ' it can't be ' over and over again, her gaze fixed on the luggage. I placed my hand on her back reassuringly as she fliched, wrapping her hands over herself.

'' It's can't be.'' She whispered hoarsely. know Adrian and her are close, but I still shocked to see how much. I looked around nervously. I heard a phone ring and saw Elyse pick up.

'' Hello?'' She answered, he face lighting up when she heard the caller's voice. '' Adrian! Is it true you're changing schools?'' Her face darkened. '' No, there must be something you can do!'' She paused, listening to him explain himself. '' Oh, ok. See you then.''

'' What did he say?'' I coaxed after she hung up.

'' He wants me to see him before he leaves.'' She said. '' At the train station.''

'' A train station? Is he going to go far?''

'' At about 20 minutes away before Analyt Corp works their problems out.'' She sighed deeply. '' How come everyone I get close to goes away?''

I didn't know what to do, seeing Elyse like this. I just continued to pat her back kindly.

................................................

It was 11:30 pm when I arrived at the train station. It was maybe the last time I'd see Adrian again for possibly a long time. It was empty and the last trains were arriving with passengers, each wearing the same worn out expressions of a late shift.

I saw Tristan sitting down on a bench. My stomach knotted itself while I looked at his bloodshot eyes, the reminder of what I did. He caught my eye and to my defeat, he looked away, barely acknowledging me. Damn that hurt.

He looked at his watch impatiently as I heard a familiar voice.

'' Glad you came!'' Adrian greeted with a lopsided smile. He had bags under his eyes and his hair was a mess, yet the sheer sight of him made my heart flutter.

'' Adrian!'' I rushed to him and clasped my arms around his neck, snuggling in his chest while I felt his breath on my ear.

'' God, it's nice to see you.'' He breathed.

He started to kiss my cheek when a loud cough interrupted us. '' Excuse you.'' Said Tristan, pushing me off Adrian harshly, pain flashing in is eyes. '' Hey buddy.'' He and Adrian shook hands. '' So this is it?''