C H A P T E R . ➌ : player

If you treat yourself like a queen

              You'll attract a king 

........................................................

" Are you going to the G-A-B?" I heard someone say in the halls to her friend.

" What's a G-A-B or whatever?" I interrogated Harper as we walked in the hallways to English class, the final lesson of my first day.

" Oh, that's nothing to fret about," she waved me off, " Just an annual dance where Girls Ask Boys. Boys can ask boys and girls can ask girls, of course, but they kept the authentic name. "

I nudged Harper, who looked confused and held her hands innocently.

" Dear tour guide, how could you forget a school dance?" I joked. Dances were the few times you could forget about whatever crazy stuff going on in your life.

She gave me an apologetic smile, " Sorry, I suppose I shouldn't excluded that thought. I simply have no one to ask."

" You have John, just ask him." I teased when I saw her face flush. Oh my.

" W-what do y-you m-mea-?" She began to stutter, blushing way harder.

" Relax Harp, your secret is safe with me." I said reassuringly.

I saw her loosen up and smiled gratefully at me as she opened her mouth to say something but was rudely interrupted by a a girl, obviously a noblemen, who pushed her aside quickly and ran in our direction.

" What the hell is her problem?!" I exclaimed while Harper's eyes were glued to the floor.

" It's nothing." She whispered.

Seriously? Was everyone in this school like this, stuck up, rich kids? I muttered " Sorry Harp." under my breath as I started racing after her in the halls. I ran and ran after her but after a moment, the tide of students made it nearly impossible to move. No way, I'm reaching that girl and demanding an apology. I pushed my way through the crowd until I reached students, forming a circle around something, hungry for drama. As much as I hated it, my curiosity was piqued.

" Tristan!" I heard a girl's voice call out. 

I stood on my tip of my toes to get a better view on what was going on. It's her! I thought as I spotted the girl who had shamelessly pushed Harper earlier, now confronting a king. He turned around slowly, dull boredom in his eyes.

" Will you go to the dance with me?"

Collective gasps filled the hallway. I guess it wasn't everyday a king gets asked out.

" I suggest you go with someone your own league, doll." He said slickly as he continued his path. The girl tried to look unwavered but her posture was saying otherwise. 

A couple of people rushed to hug her and offer kind words, while the rest started gossip. As much resentment I felt for her after pushing Harper, I admitted Tristan was pretty harsh.

" Are you ok?" Her friend asked kindly to the girl as she meekly nodded.

" Do you want me to beat his ass for you?" I offered.

She as well as her friends stared at me in shock. What? King or not, that's not an excuse to be a douche. She raised her eyebrow, suspicious I would have the guts to do such a thing.

" Honey, it's social suicide." The girl gave me a sympathetic pat on the back. Ugh, why are the kings treated like royalty if their hearts less noble than peasants?

" Watch me." I scanned the crowd and found Tristan walking away.  " Hey, Tristan! Your royal doucheness?" I exclaimed. 

And with that I broke rule number 2. He turned yet again to face me and to my surprise, he didn't look the slightest bit angry. He looked amused as a smirk played with his lips. 

" Yes, darling?"

" Don't you dare darling me!" I bellowed. Is he crazy or does he want me to rip his head off?

" Are you going to ask me to the dance, because I wouldn't suggest calling me a douche." He provoked while I scoffed. He seemed stunned by my reaction and suddenly, I realized the crowd peer at us, longing drama.

" It's not everyday you get a chance to ask a king, darling."

" It's not everyday you get asked by a queen." I retorted as I saw mischief gleam in his crystal eyes.

 He approached me slowly as I was deciding to either endure him some more or run. He was getting closer until we were a feet apart. Shit, shit, shit! I cursed mentally while he lowered and said, his hot breath on my neck, sending tingles down my spine.

" Be my date." He whispered softly.

Was a king asking me? I stared at him in shock, unable to process what just happened, not that him breathing seductively on me was any help. Damn, he's a good player, I thought.

" I thought it was the girls who were supposed to ask." I joked nervously. I wasn't going to let this king get to me. He pulled away, as I felt his heat go with him as well.

" It wasn't a question." He smirked before swaggering away, leaving me, dumbfounded.

................................................

Hello everyone! 

I hope you enjoyed this short chapter.

What are your thoughts on Tristan? Sexy or an asshole? Maybe both?

Gotta love the players 

.................................................