C H A P T E R . ➋ : royalty

❦ Fearless minds come 

   soonest unto crowns.❦

............................................

        I stepped into the cafeteria and a wave of chatter came over me. My first day at Trinity was exactly as cliché new kid's day could be. Yes, I got lost in this school, or should I say maze. Luckily I made it on time to first period. Yes, I got curious glances, I am after all, new! 

In the cafeteria, I scanned the crowd for a place to sit. That's the most horrid feeling in the world. I looked desperately for a spot, but everyone was sitting with their friend group. I could see it now : the heirarchy's division. A group of girls, their hair curled into perfection and stilettos, who must be noblemen and a group of nice looking people who pain me to call them peasants. All these leagues, yet no where for me. Perks of crashing mid semester.

" Over here!" I heard someone call from behind me.

Harper! I let out a sigh of relief as I spotted her, waving her arms, motioning me to sit by her. I practically ran over to her and sat down on an empty seat. Her group consisted her, a red haired guy with a friendly expression, a rather petite but nevertheless sweet brunette, another guy with brown hair and hopefully, me.

" Thank you, Harp, you saved me." I said genuinely as she gladly waved it off.

" No problem at all, Elyse. Here is our own little group, I would love you to meet them!"

The red haired guy gave me a small wave and said,

" Johnny, though please call me John, Johnny makes me sound like a teddy bear."

I suppressed a laugh, which came out like a snort. Sorry, but what the heck?

" Mina," said the brunette. " I know you're thinking I'm small, hun?" She said harshly. " I have two fists and know how to use 'em."

" W-what n-no I-" I stammered.

" Well, then," Mina said, to my surprise, her voice sweet. " We're friends."

Still processing what she just said, I nodded while the other guy responded,

" Don't mind that one," he joked, " she doesn't have a feminine bone in her body."

" I heard that Mark, you sexist jerk!" Mina yelled as she started to punch his arm rather roughly while he chuckled.

" I hope you'll find this company quite pleasant." Harper said shyly, afraid I would judge.

" Are you kidding?" I said with laughter, throwing my arm on Mina's shoulder and to Mark's relief, stopped punching him. " I love it already, you guys are lit!"

They gave me a questioning glance. Right, no one here knows what lit means.

" Fun." I corrected myself, hearing aahs of comprehension.

The conversation began again, and to my surprise, I fit in quite nicely with Mina's punches and John's endless talk on politics.

Suddenly, the room fell quiet. Even John, who was talking about the upcoming election, had abruptly stopped. Hushed whispers roamed in the cafeteria. 

" What's going on?" I questioned Harper as she motioned me to quiet down.

" The kings are coming." She murmured.

The cafeteria door flung open as they entered. Damn.

" That is Tristan Delroy," she said as I swore I heard her swoon. " Inheritant of a worldwide famous pharmaceutical company."

I looked at him, as he swaggered confidently. He had dirty blonde hair and pearly whites he flashed in a mysterious smirk. He's a player, it wasn't hard to guess. His hair was flung backwards, except a few locks that fell on his face. 

" Here is Ace Genovese, future boss of the multi billion Royal Genovese Bank."

He had a mysterious glint in his deep blue eyes, hidden behind his thin framed glasses. With sharp features and high cheekbones, he strided with the same confidence as Tristan, which was to my surprise since I'd claim his reserved self as the shy guy. As much as it pains me to say, his lean body was hot.

" Finally, Adrian Darkwell. Someday Analyt Corp will be his to claim. " Harper awed, while I heard girls gush behind me. " He's without a doubt the wealthiest man to have ever walked these floors."

He was one step ahead, his eyes locked ahead, not looking at anything but forward. He was 6 foot 4,had a fair skin and a strong jawline, jet black wavy hair and broad shoulders. He was clearly the so called leader  and designated douchebag.

They walked their catwalk and sat down at a table that was empty in the middle of the cafeteria. That's the best spot, normally it would've been taken within seconds. I guess they left it for the kings specifically. I scoffed in irony.

" These are the 4 kings of Trinity-Kingsburry." Concluded Harper.

Hun? Did she say 4? They're only 3, she must be mistaken. 

" I know, suppose they are only three," she said, reading my mind once again. " The fourth one is accurately here in this cafeteria, watching from abroad and deciding the weekly rank. He could be anywhere."

If this weren't such a prestigious school, I would've thought I was in a horror movie. Watching from abroad? Talk about scary!

" That's how they pick the noble hearts from the dickheads." Chimed Mina.

" That's why they never poke you." Teased Mark and got another round of punches. 

I glanced at their table many times, seeing Ace's nose in a novel, Tristan flirt with girls from a nearby table and Adrian, well he was doing a great job at being hot and untouchable.

I heard a eerie bell and all of a sudden, chefs came out with mountains of food which made my mouth water. I do not miss Jackson- High's growth-hormone inserted meat with a gooey slime they called soup. I relished the luxuries of my new school as the food was served.

........................................................

Hello again!

Which king is your favourite so far?

On that note, see you in the next chapter!

TeenXRose