C H A P T E R . ➓ : midnight club

Thank you so much KarmaHeroFan for this beyond amazing cover! 

Go check their stories if you're an Assasination Classroom or Karma fan!

.......................................

Harper and I tiptoed quietly down the halls to room nervously, startling to any sound. It was 11:55, way past our curfew and if we got caught, we would likely be expelled. I shivered at that thought.

" We're here." Whispered Harper as she showed me, flashing the flashlight of her phone on the glorious numbers 542. 

I let a sigh of relief as I pushed the door lightly, it creaking slightly and I peeked inside. The room was dark, dimly lit by the moonlight. It wasn't at all what I expected, I imagined candles, for one. I heard soft sobbing echo in the room as Harper nudged me.

" We're in the wrong room!" She hushed pressingly. " I just checked our papers, it's 543, not 542!" 

Oh, shit! How could I forget? I turned to leave before getting caught, but my curiousity made me turn around and peek at the mysterious person. It was Tristan. 

He was crumpled on his bed, his head down low as tears streamed down his face. His sobs were desolate, like he lost all hope. I never saw him like this, and it was so painful. I longed to wrap my arms around him, to make him feel better, but I couldn't. Full of regret, I left him caged in his own darkness.

" Are you alright?" Asked Harper, who hadn't witnessed this scene. 

" Y-yeah." I finally managed to say as we went into the correct door. This one was more relevant, candles lit on the floor, noblemen sitting in a circle.

" Welcome to the midnight club." A blonde girl said chillingly. I remembered seeing her at the ranking ceremony this morning, Addie I think.

" We're about to start with our session. This is how it works." She explained. " We meet here every week, and every time we give a dare. If it's not completed by the next time we meet, you will be kicked out and automatically become a peasant." 

Harper gasped in horror as we exchanged worried glances. What did we get ourselves into? This midnight club was dares, but how far would they take it?

" Lily." Addie called as a girl with bangs shyly responded. " Your weekly challenge, steal the calculus test from Ms. Petroza." I saw Lily gulp as she nodded.

" Harper." Her head shot up as she fearfully awaited her dare. " I dare you to get rid of Atlas." I saw her tremble. Atlas was the school's mascot and golden lab. This was too far.

Before I could protest, Addie called out my name. " And finally, our  newest member, Elyse Huxley. I braced myself for the worst. " I dare you to kiss Tristan."

Compared to the previous dares, it wasn't as traumatizing, but after seeing him tonight, I just can't . I don't want to toy with someone's feelings, it's wrong on so many levels. So fuck the midnight club and the ranks, no way I could do such a thing.

" I'm not going to do it." I said boldly. Harper nudged me as I waved her off. Enough of that nonsense. 

" Well then, I guess I'll have to do what I did to Nora." Addie said with menace in her voice.

" Do you mean the girl who got expelled for talking to the kings?" I quizzed, remembering what Harper told me the first time I came to Trinity-K.

" Oh she did get expelled, but not because of the kings."

A chill ran down my spine as I stared at her in horror. So Nora was someone who didn't go through with their crazy dares? I needed to get out of this place. I headed for the door as Addie said in a bittersweet tone,

" You do not leave until you are dismissed."

What the hell is wrong with this school?

.....................................................

Hi dear readers this is quite a short chapter.

Why do you think Tristan was crying?

Would you accept the dare or risk getting expelled?

See you in the next chapter!

.......................................................