Chapter 25: Stargazing

Start from the beginning

"Oh my gosh! Really?" Jai gasps, "there's no basement you idiot, we know that."

Does this guy think we just walk into houses without knowing the basics of the floor-plan? That's what drugs'll do to you.

It's fucking ridiculous that 'drugs' remind me of Azalea.

Two long-ass hours later, he finally confesses. After both of his hands are broken, each finger, and two of his motherfucking toes.

"Do I have to go first?" Maxon whines like the little shit he is.

"Your ass is the biggest, we're here to push you down in case you get stuck," Linc smiles and Maxon's mouth drops open.

It's not like he's a big guy. His momma is just known for feeding him and his brothers carbs.

"It's not my fault carbs go straight to my ass!" he rolls his eyes.

"Straight to your mom's too," Theo bites his lip.

"Are you really gonna talk about my momma right now?"

"Your mom's hot," Theo purposefully pisses Maxon off.

"When I get out of this fucking hole, I'm going to kill you," Maxon glares.

"Hurry up and get your ass down there," Roman rolls his eyes.

Maxon drops himself down into the hole in the ground in the back of a closet in one of the house's bedrooms. The place the owner says leads to the hideout. One by one we all jump down.

"I'm scared," Theo mumbles when it's his turn. The guy is scared of his own fucking shadow.

"Get the fuck down there before I push you down there," I give him a shove.

"But I don't know what's down there! It's just a black hole," he steps away from it.

"You idiot, there's five of us already down here!" Jai calls up.

"Oh shit! There's a snake!" Linc calls out.

"I'm just kidding you bitch get down here," he adds.

"I'm scared of the dark," he mumbles. I step forward and push him down into the hole before going down.

"You could've been one man short from doing that," he tells me once I'm down there.

"Not much of a man," Linc nudges me. I give him a look for touching me and he steps away.

"This dude hates being touched so much, I don't even know how he has a girlfrien-"

"Focus," Jai hisses, "I agree with you but focus."

We shine our lights at the huge iron door that keeps everyone out of the people's hideout. I take out the key that the owner gave us and I stick it in and turn it.

Theo sneezes.

"Can you shut the fuck up?"

"God Theo, idiot."

"Theo, goddamn."

"Dumbass."

"Learn how to shut up."

"I'm allergic to dust!" he defends himself. I creak open the door and there's almost no sign of anyone. I push it open all the way and we file in quietly.

Rotting couches and chairs fill up the huge main room and in the center are even a couple of poles. But there really are no workers.

Which only means there's gonna be more of these type busts down the road.