34 🦊

Namjoon lifted up the window, getting inside of Jin's bedroom. At the same time he was going to enter his room, Jin's mother entered it, holding a tray of food for Jin.

"Let's see if he eats this time... Namjoon! What are you doing here? How did you even get in?" Namjoon tensed up, staring at her. He could tell by her suspicious fake tone of voice that the woman was hiding something.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Kim, but I went to see Jin at the hospital and they told me he was released
a while back." Now the one tensing up was Jin's mother.

"Oh, I see. Can I talk to you for a second, honey?" Namjoon followed the woman outside, seeing Jin was looking up at him with glossy eyes.

"Have a seat, please." His mother sounded worried about Namjoon's presence and the boy noticed it.

"Mrs. Kim... What's going on?" She sighed for a moment, staring at Namjoon.

Namjoon folded his hands together, waiting for her to answer him.

"Thank you for saving him, Namjoon. You did well." Namjoon nodded.

"But-" Jin's mother paused, alarming the boy. She grabbed his hand, gently. Her facial expressions showed sympathy and sadness.

"I'm afraid you can no longer see Jin." Namjoon's eyes widened with surprise.

He wasn't expecting Jin's mother to tell him such a thing. But why? He hasn't done anything bad to Jin.

"What? Why not?" His voice started off low and quiet, but ended up louder than he thought he sounded.

"As you know, our son was raped by your uncle." Namjoon nodded, feeling upset even thinking about what happened to Jin.

"Everyone in your family now knows about the incident, they all know about what he did
to Seokjin... Which is why I can't let him be seen with you anymore." This still didn't make any sense in Namjoon's perspective.

"I Don't... I don't understand. Why? Why can't I still be friends with him?" Jin's mother, showing little to no concern over Namjoon's sudden change in behavior, proceeded to dig a deeper hole into the wolf's heart.

"He doesn't trust your family anymore, Joonie... And that includes you as well." Namjoon got up.

"What!?" He raised his voice, thinking that what she was saying was ridiculous. But Jin's mom had her reasons as to why she wanted to keep Namjoon away from her son.

"Pardon me, but that's absurd! I would never hurt Jin and you know it. He knows it!" She covered Namjoon's mouth.

"I'm going to ask you to keep your voice low, Namjoon. Jin cannot hear our conversation.
It'll cause him to stress out more."

"More? Ever thought that his stress was caused by you, enabling him from seeing me anymore, Mrs. Kim?" Namjoon walked towards Jin's mother.

"Don't forget that you were the one who separated him from me in the first place." He felt
accomplished, knowing that he was speaking with the truth, but Jin's mom thought otherwise and found her ways on how to make herself seem right again.

By doing so, she wasn't thinking at the moment and spoke her mind a little bit too rude and graphically to Namjoon, unaware of the pain she could cause him.

"Because of you my son is now a mute! A mute who was raped by a family member of yours when left in your hands." Namjoon stayed shut, stepping back as Jin's mother earned her rights again.

"What kind of friend are you? What type of family do you have! Jin's life is ruined... All because of you. It's your fault, Namjoon." She started crying.