Chapter 31: Reunion

Start from the beginning

Even her voice sounded similar to mine.

Suddenly I was being pulled in a different direction and into someone else. When I looked up I realized that it was none other than the King. He gripped onto me tightly as if I would disappear any moment.

He smell reminded me of pumpkin spice. But less pumpkin and more autumn. An odd smell for a man, but who was I to judge?

"You have no idea how long you mother and I have waited for this moment." He whispered into my ear

I slowly wrapped my arms around him too. Letting him savor the moment that he had with me.

He pulled away and held my shoulders in his hands. "My, my, my you look so much like you mother." His accent was so pronounced that I barely could understand what he was saying.

"Thank you very much, your majesty." I replied in Russian, knowing well that it would be easier for us to communicate that way.

"You speak your native language too?!" He looked at me, astonished that I was even able to say something, completely ignoring that I called him majesty.

"Growing up, my mother made me take russian." I reply back in English.

Besides me, I feel the Queen stiffen. "Your mother?" she asks quietly.

Behind the King, Carson looked at me with wide eyes while the King himself stared at me with a blank expression.

I nod. "Yes, the people who raised me if you want to get technical."

"So you have a different family?" Carson asks.

"She had to be raised by someone idiot!" Chrissy says in Russian from across the room. To be honest I was a little offended that she was so stand offish. Wasn't I suppose to be her sister?

Grayson went to take a seat not far from me to let his presents known. I could sense that he wanted to make me feel comfortable around them.

Lila and Lucas watched our interactions carefully making sure nothing happens that will slip too much out of hand.

"Where did you grow up?" My biological mother said.

Slowly I moved from their constant hugging to sit next to Grayson. "Arizona." I answered simply.

"That's a long ways from here." Carson says.

"I moved to California when I met Grayson and have been staying with him ever since."

"So he's your mate?" My biological father says.

I nod. "Yes he is."

"That's great! We have always loved him." The Queen explains and I smile.

"Seems a little odd that she suddenly out of the blue shows up. Am I right?" Chrissy looks at me with her arms crossed and her eyes zoned in on me.

"I mean she shows up out of the middle of no where claiming to be the presumed dead princess and we welcome her in like it's nothing?!"

"Christian!" The Queen yelled authority clear in her voice. "Do not mutter another word and sit your butt down!"

Chrissy looked like she was trying to resist but I knew she couldn't and so did she. That was the full force of a command from the Queen. No one except the Alpha King himself could resist it.

And within seconds of was over. Chrissy was sitting down, glaring me down with her arms crossed tightly around her chest.

She looked ridiculous. She was a seventeen year old throwing a teenage tantrum.