16. a big deal

Hoyeon's POV

Jisung wiped off the tears on my cheeks and in my eyes. "Why do you keep on apologizing?" He asked while brushing my hair back. "It hurts me to see you cry."

"I made one mistake.. A huge mistake.." And it cost your memories.

The door suddenly opened and there was Haechan. "Are you okay now, HY?" He asked. I nodded. "Thanks again, HC." He smiled. "No problem. I should go ahead. Take care of her, Jisung."

The latter nodded. "I will. You too, hyung." Haechan waved goodbye and closed the door. I sat up and Jisung guided me. "What mistake?" I shook my head. "Your head will hurt."

He smirked. "Then we'll be equal." I lightly punched his stomach. "I don't want you to lose the memories we just shared," I said. I blushed, realizing what I said and looked away. "A-And with our friends. It would be hard, you know,"

He sat on the bed right in front of me. "Why?" I folded my legs. "Because you were the reason who brought your and my friends together." He raised a brow. "We were enemies?"

He suddenly grabbed his head after asking it and he stayed put. "J-Jisung?" He took my hand and looked at me. "I'm fine now.." He gripped it and stared straight in my eyes.

"Did.. something bad happen to us before we.. you know," He cleared his throat and rubbed his nape. "We became a c-couple..?" His ears turned red and he looked down.

I smiled at how cute he was and sighed. "Uhm, yeah. Actually, you broke up with me way back then." He gasped a bit. "Really? Why did I do that?" I chuckled. "Like I know. After a year and like," I counted using my fingers. "A month, you wanted me back."

"I don't understand why I broke up with you but I perfectly understand why I wanted you back." He said, smirking. This time, I was the one to blush. "Oh, shut it, Jisung. We also had a story project so that's why we all got closer."

I told him about all the things he have done, including our friends, from when Shinhyuk used to hate me and when Jeno was desperate to date Jisoo. He laughed and chuckled, sending the butterflies in my stomach go crazy.

After minutes and minutes of chatting, Jisung tilted his head to me. "Are you okay now?" I nodded. He stood up and I followed him outside the room. He took my hand and my eyes widened when he intertwined our fingers together.

I looked at him and he glanced at me. He flashed a grin then dragged me away from the hospital. "So, are we gonna go home?" He asked and I nodded. He called for a cab. One stopped in front of us and we went inside.

I told the address and my gaze drifted down to our hands. "Uh, Jisung." I pointed at it. He smiled and shrugged. "So what?" I gulped, my cheeks blushing red.

I was breathing so hard in our way back to our apartment. When we finally arrived, I pulled back my hand to pay our fee and scrambled out of the cab, almost tripping. I dashed inside, fumbling on taking off my shoes.

"Hey, Hoyeon—" After taking off my left shoe, I went up to my room. I closed the door immediately and right there, I realized I wasn't breathing earlier at all. I feel like I was gonna die.

I heard a knock on the door. I opened it anyway. I saw Jisung there, looming over me. "Yes?" He went on his knees and looked at me. "Can we watch 7 Deadly Sins now?"

I chuckled and stood up, dragging him with me. "Of course. Come on." We went downstairs and I sat on the couch. Jisung took the remote and went to Netflix. He accidentally pressed YouTube.

He groaned and pouted. When YouTube showed up, he was gonna go back but then I saw a thumbnail with an anime girl with pink hair. "Hey, Jisung, can we watch that for a minute?" I asked, pointing at the video with the title 'Shelter'.

"Sure. Woah, it's just six minutes." He pressed on the video using the remote and went beside me to watch. I hugged a throw pillow and glued my eyes on the television.

I smiled as the girl drew her own world, enjoying the things she drew herself. The video went on and it felt like an hour as we watched it for long. Epiphany dripped on me as all the pieces came in together like a puzzle.

I covered my mouth to muffle my cries and felt my tears on my cheek. My vision became blurry and I have to walk forward to see the TV clearer. "No, no, no.." I mumbled, the tears streaming down like crazy.

"Oh my God, that's so sad.." I sniffed and wiped my tears away. I looked behind me and chuckled as I saw Jisung also doing the same. "Don't laugh, the film was sad." He said. I took the remote from him and went to Netflix.

I played 7 Deadly Sins and we watched it in dead silence, though we squeal whenever Meliodas steps up in a fight. Jisung and I were currently cheering over them when we heard a knock on the door.

"I'll get it." I told Jisung and went to get the door. I opened it and I saa Jisoo teary-eyed. I raised a brow. "What's wrong?" I asked. She suddenly went on her knees. "Yah, Jisoo!" I heard Jisung pause the movie.

"I'm sorry!" I grabbed her shoulder and make her look at me. "Hey, you didn't do anything." She shook her head. "No, no. I triggered your memory when Jisung.. you know. I'm so sorry, Hoyeon."

I shook my head and smiled. "Hey, it's okay," I whispered. "I'll apologize to him if he gets his memories back." She gave me a look while pouting. "But really, though. I'm sorry, Hoyeon. Don't say sorry to him again and again and blaming yourself for what happened to him."

Jisung cleared his throat and we both looked at him. "Uhm, if I have to make it clear," He looked at me. "I already forgave you twice." My cheeks burned and I looked back at Jisoo. She was still crying. "You're forgiven already but forgive me, too."

I chuckled. "Oh, Jisoo, when did I hate you?" Her lips curled up into a smile and she tackled me with her mother bear hug. "Hurry on hugging her. Hoyeon, this girl dressing up like Elizabeth is going to be revealed."

I immediately pushed Jisoo away and kissed her cheek. "I'll see you on Monday. Again, I'm not angry at you and you are forgiven for what you did. Just don't repeat it or I'll feel bad about myself again." She nodded and she waved goodbye.

I slowly closed the door and looked back at Jisung. "Hoyeon," He suddenly looked serious. "Yeah?" I asked, walking next to him. "Why was my loss of memories a big deal to you?"

•••