06. should protect you

Hoyeon's POV

Thankfully, Jisung got a jacket that Jihoon sent him a day ago. "Is it okay?" Jisung asked as he wore the jacket completely. I looked at what he was wearing.

Oh my god.

I wore that jacket when Jisung found me cold on my bed, finding out I had a fever. He made me wear that and slept next to me, both under the covers.

I nodded and smiled. "Yes, it's okay. Come on." I motioned for him to follow me. I slowly opened the door and looked left and right on the hallway. "It's utterly quiet here." I commented.

"Oh, yeah. They take afternoon naps." I raised a brow at him. "Do you?" He shook his head no. Of course, he doesn't.

I slowly stepped out of the room and Jisung followed. He slowly closed the door and we immediately sprinted out of the hospital.

When we were on the ground floor, I told him to walk normally so we won't get suspicious. Fortunately, no one was interested in us so we went outisde as quickly as possible.

Jisung pulled down his hoodie and we both laughed. "I thought it'd be risky but looks like I was wrong." I agreed. "It happened to be easy. Let's just hope no one will visit your room at this time."

He chuckled. "Hopefully," He looked at me. "Where are we going first?" I jumped up and down and waved my arms. "I'm feeling hyped. Do you want to go to the playground?"

"I don't mind." He said and we walked towards the nearest park with a playground. Let me rephrase that. I ran while he tried to catch up with me.

"Hey, wait up!" I laughed and there was a fountain in the middle of the park. I took out a penny from my wallet. Before I can make a wish, I heard Jisung from beside me. "Are you going to make a wish?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Wanna go?" He nodded and I gave him one. I gripped the penny in my hands and wished so hard.

I want him to remember me and our friends.

I opened my eyes and threw the penny in the fountain. I looked at Jisung and he also threw his penny right after me. "Our wish stays a secret, okay?" I said. He nodded. "When will we say it to each other?" He asked.

"When we open up this topic again. Maybe after a long long time." I replied and walked towards the playground. The seesaw wasn't occupied and I sat on the low seat near the ground.

I pointed at the other end. "You sit there!" I shouted to Jisung. He nodded and sat there. As soon as he sat down, I went up in the air. I giggled and since Jisung was heavier than me, he was the one to control. Mostly I was in the top because he sometimes gets tired and stay on the ground.

"Jisung!" He looked at me and raised a brow. "Put me down!" He shook his head and just folded his arms. I flailed my arms and legs when he didn't move. "Yah!" He seemed to enjoy because he was laughing at me.

I puffed my cheeks and pouted, also folding my arms in the process. "Down, please." I said and he slowly let his legs straight. I went down and walked towards him.

"Come on, let's go to the slide!" I grabbed his hand and I ran for the huge slide in the playground. We climbed up the stairs and there were two slides. "I'll go here." Jisung said and took the yellow slide.

I nodded and went to the blue one. We positioned ourselves and I started to count when Jisung let himself slip in. "Hey! Ugh!" I groaned and let myself slip, too.

I took long and when I reached the end, Jisung was there waiting for me. "I was counting! You didn't wait for me!" He just laughed and he suddenly smiled calmly. "Don't cry anymore, okay?"

"What?"

"You look more beautiful when you smile." My ears went red and so did my face. I stood up and went for the swing. There were two and I sat on the one in my right. Jisung didn't get the other one when a kid immediately sat on it.

I pouted at him. He just smiled and glanced at the kid who was having a hard time kicking the ground. He was also holding an ice cream so it was even harder. If he goes down to kick the ground, he's gonna have a hard time climbing back again.

Jisung went behind the kid and pushed his swing softly. The kid looked behind him and smiled brightly at Jisung. "Stronger, hyung!" Jisung did so but he made sure that the kid won't fly off the swing.

The next thing I heard is the little kid laughing with happiness and licking his vanilla and chocolate ice cream joyfully. Jisung stepped next to me and we watched the kid having the time of his life.

When the swing slowly stopped, the kid went off it and walked to Jisung, ice cream gone. "Thank you, hyung!" Jisung smiled and ruffled the kid's hair. "No problem, kid."

"What's your name, hyung?"

"I'm Jisung."

"Thank you again, Jisung hyung!" The kid jumped and he was hugging Jisung's long legs. He patted the kid's head when we heard a call. "Woojin!" The kid went off and turned around to meet his mom. "Mama!"

"Oh, where have you been? I thought I lost you!" Woojin's mother said. He didn't listen and pointed at Jisung. "Mama, he helped me on the swing. I didn't fall because hyung was careful."

Woojin's mother walked towards us. "Thank you for finding my son. I hope he wasn't a bother." Jisung and I shook our heads. "Oh, not at all. He quite had a good time with Woojin." I said and pointed at Jisung.

She smiled and thanked us again before leaving with Woojin. He waved goodbye at us. As I was waving back, Jisung suddenly dragged me.

He pulled me near a huge tree. He climbed up but I can't follow since I don't know how to climb. "I can't climb!" I shouted at Jisung.

Using his left hand, he grabbed a branch while he reached out his other one. He has a small smirk on his lips. "Do you trust me?"

I replied with a soft 'yes' and took his hand. Miraculously, I made it to the top of the tree. We sat on a wide, steady branch and looked down at the park. I loved the view and it was windy there.

Jisung and I chatted for a while and tried to avoid topics about us or about the memories he doesn't remember. Seconds turned to minutes, minutes turned to hours and it was now five o'clock.

"We should probably head back to the hospital." I said. Jisung nodded and stood up, balancing himself. "I'll go off first." He said and in a blink of an eye, he was already down the tree.

I tried grabbing on the branches with my hands and stepping my feet on the trunk. My foot slipped and my legs scraped the rough trunk. I think I was gonna hit the ground when I felt someone catch me.

I opened my eyes and of course, it was Jisung who caught me. He looked at my legs with worried eyes. "Your legs are scraped all over." He said. I just waved my hand. "They're just small wounds."

He gave me a poker face and dug his finger on a wound on my knee. I shrieked with pain and accidentally hugged him. "I told you so." He said matter-of-factly. I hit his chest. "Because you pressed it! Soap and water would make it fine."

He didn't listen and carried me out the park and back to the hospital. As we were getting closer, he suddenly said, "Put my hoodie on." I raised a brow. "What?"

"Put my hoodie on. I can't do it myself, I'm carrying you. And to mind you, I'm a patient." I bit my lip and did as I was told to do so. He smiled down at me and we entered the hospital.

He carried me all the way to his room. He guided me to the bathroom and took off my shoes. He slowly let go of me and I stood up. "Wash your wounds then I'll place bandages on them." I nodded.

I hissed as the soap came in contact with my wound. I washed it and I felt so numb. Jisung helped me walk back in his room and I slumped on the couch. He brought out bandages and placed it on my wounds.

He looked at me, his hoodie falling off from his head. "Are you okay now?" I nodded. "Thanks for helping me."

"No need to thank me," He said while massaging my hands. "There's this part of me saying I should protect you."

•••