Chapter 12~ Finally revealed

Jughead's PoV

For the next week Betty had to stay in the hospital to make sure she had no lasting deficits.

My heart broke for her as her mother had only called once to tell me that she was moving to the farm, however didn't respond about her daughter's health status eventhough I told her about it.

My concern started to get greater as she started to have nightmares almost everynight.

I would try to wake her up, but when she did she would just sob into the crook of my neck.

I needed to talk to her.

"Betty" I grabbed her hand.

She jerked quickly at the touch, then relaxed when she saw it was me.

"Yeah"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yes of course"

"What are your nightmares about?"

"When I was in the coma. I-I would have these dreams but they were so real like I was never in a coma and it was in reality. But it was awful, Jug" She cried.

Without another word I scooped her up into my arms and slowly rocked her back and fourth. Gently shushing her as I did.

I don't know what went on while she was in her coma but I just know that I need to be there for her. But right now I need to ask why she had bruises all over when she came in.

"Hey baby"

"Mhm"

Thankgod she had calmed down a bit.

"The doctor asked me about some bruises on your body. How did you get them?"

"I don't want to talk about it" She said her voice barely above a whisper and pulled away form me.

"Please tell me baby. I need to know how you ended up here and why you have bruises."

She just started shaking her head rapidly.

I cupped her cheeks in my hand.

"Baby I need you to tell me because it is clearly upseting you."

"I-I can't" She whispered as fresh tears sprang to her eyes and ran down her porcelain cheeks.

"She said she w-would....hurt me"

"Who?"

"M-my mom" She said as big sobs racked her small frame.

"Oh baby. Come here" I wrapped her up in my arms once again only now her head was buried further in my chest. While I rubbed my palm in circles comfortingly on her back.

I was furious that someone could hurt someone like Betty let alone their own child. She was so sweet and deserved so much better.

From that moment on I knew I needed to protect her at all costs. I would never let someone hurt her again and that was a promise.

(A/N: Hi everyone! Thankyou for 972 reads I am over the moon🤗 I am going to start writing bughead oneshots. But don't worry I am still going to continue with this story. Love you all💕💫)