Chapter 5~ I never stopped loving you

Betty's PoV

I sat with my head against the window of FP's old beaten up truck. I was so glad to get some peace before hell litteraly poured down on me. I saw Jughead's occasional glances at me but I didn't think much of it.

"Penny for your thoughts." His soft voice broke the silence.

Not wanting to tell the truth about why I was so scared to go back home. I said the second biggest thought that raced around my mind. "Jug, I didn't mean to kiss Chuck. Please forgive me, you don't have to. I understood how much it broke you. But I need you to understand."

"Understand what?"

"I never stopped loving you Jug. I still love you."

I once again rested my head against the cool window once again.

"I love you too, Betts"

I looked at him with hope in my eyes. I smiled at him. To be honest this was the first time I have really smiled in a while.

When we pulled up beside my house, and I felt tears prick at my eyes. As I stood outside the door I gave him a passion filled kiss. I grabbed the spare key out of from under the door mat and shook violently as I heard the click of the door unlock. I then quickly closed it behind me when footsteps were approaching.

"ELIZABETH,WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING BACK HERE!" Alice's voice rung out.

"Jughead drove me he-" I was stopped abruptly by a slap against my face.

She quickly grabbed a lamp and swung it into my side and my head.

"Aaaarrrggghh!" I screamed out in pain as the smashed glass dug into my left side. The door knob quickly turned.

"Betty are you okay" It was Jughead. My saviour.

"Keep your damn mouth shut" My mom snarled before she fled out the backdoor.

"Y-yeah I'm fine Jug." I stuttered before the door swung open with a worried lucking Jughead.

He kneeled down beside my injured body.

"What happened?"