Assignments Are Matchmakers- Afuro Terumi "Aphrodi" x Artist! Reader

This is requested by @EmeraldSpringLapin

Enjoy reading!

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
[Y/n]'s POV

"I need to be fast, I'm going to be late on our first subject." I hastened my pace so I can get to our classroom immediately. The books scattered on the floor after bumping to a girl, not noticing her presence on my way. "What the- watch your step and reduce your stupidity, tsk." She said angrily before hurrying to leave, that's why I didn't got the chance to say 'sorry'. I sighed and whispered underneath my breath, "She didn't even helped me gather my things." A pair of hands unexpectedly got those books while picking these myself. I stopped for a moment, looked up and stared, a boy with an angelic face and a long golden-blonde hair was the one who was helping me right now. Afuro Terumi or better known as Aphrodi, is popular in our school because of his soccer skills and also because of his charisma.

"Here are your books." My consciousness suddenly returned when he was about to lend the things to me. "T-thanks t-to you A-aphrodi." It was hard for me to speak, ended up stammering. He just smiled at me and spoke, "Please be careful next time."

That's the words he have said before leaving. I quickly ran towards our classroom after my mind reminded me I'm late for my first subject.

TIMESKIP

The first class is finally over. Now I need to go on my next class which is Visual Arts, the major I chose. The Visual Arts major is for students who are passionate or talented in drawing, sketching, crafts, painting and many more that is related to arts. This major develops and improves your skills in arts. I love painting that's why I selected it as my major. Upon entering the classroom, I sat on my usual seat and readied to listen attentively . The lesson was about painting, this is my favorite lesson obviously.

Before our teacher ended this class, she gave us an assignment: we need to ask someone to be the model for our portrait painting, then, we will explain in front of the class why we chose this person. Aphrodi got into my mind all of a sudden. Hmm... maybe he could be my model. I will ask him later after this.

TIMESKIP AGAIN (sorry for my laziness)

Afuro was there, sitting on the bench near the sakura tree. I gathered my courage and began to walk. He looked at me and tilted his head, curious. "Oh, you're the girl I helped earlier, am I right?" He asked, his lips curved into a smile. "Uh... yes." I replied nervously.

I cleared my throat before speaking, "Can I ask you to be my model for my assignment?"

"Sure." It was unexpected for me to receive an immediate answer, without hesitation. I'm not his close friend nor classmate that was why it got me presume he wouldn't accept my favor. "Really?! I'm glad you agreed." I hugged him tight and he hugged me back. My eyes widened and quickly broke the awkward moment after realizing what I have just did. "I'm sorry! I'm just too happy." I turned my head to my side, hiding my blush. Aphrodi slightly chuckled. "So I'm going to be a model for what?"

"You're going to be the model for my portrait painting. I will take a picture of you and I will paint it." I explained simply. "So meet me inside the visual artists' room after class and don't forget to wear your soccer uniform because it looks like clothes for a Greek God, that's the concept I need."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Afuro Terumi's POV

I took a peek inside the room and saw [y/n], writing something on her notebook. I slowly went in, she lifted up her head and smiled sweetly. "So... are you ready?" She asked excitedly.  I just nodded. She said I have to do a pose that makes me look like a highly respected person, a fierce look, and that was what I did.

"Look Afuro, you are soooo handsome in this photo." She ran to me and showed me the picture she took.

" She ran to me and showed me the picture she took

(A/n: woaah! That's perfect!)

"What do you think?" She asked, eyes sparkling. "Nice photo, [y/n]. I didn't knew you are also good at photography."

"Well I..." She played with her hair, twirling a strand of it using her finger.

'Cute.' I thought.

Before continuing her sentence, I cupped her cheek using my hand and kissed her softly. She got surprised but kissed back. The kiss became a passionate one.

After a minute, we broke the kiss for some oxygen.

"[Y/n], can you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes, Aphrodi."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Y/n]'s POV

"Please explain your painting." Our teacher said. I took a deep breath. "I painted Afuro Terumi because..." Aphrodi peeked inside and smiled sweetly. In that way, I loose my nervousness and talked without any burden.

"He is a great soccer player. His beautiful but deadly plays amaze me more because his artistic style can be also called as an example of art. That's why.... he... is my inspiration for this painting." My fellow students clapped their hands. I looked to Afuro once again, he gave me a thumbs up and winked.

Assignments are matchmakers, aren't they?

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
It gave me a hard time to think about the flow of this story because it is the first time I wrote a story about an artist reader but luckily I remembered Visual Arts major in my class because my section is Special Program in the Arts where there are different majors you can audition for. My major is Vocal Music (just saying lol😄).

And I only know few about that so I asked my classmate (who was in this major) to tell what they usually do besides drawing and painting.

Anyway, I hope you liked it.