Brilliant Blaze in Melancholia- Gouenji Shuuya x Reader

Hiiii! Miss me? No? Ouch...

Lmao HAHAHAHAHA

Zirika: So today's victim- I mean... uhh... anyway, Gouenji you're next.

Kidou: Victim huh...

Zirika: Hehe, I'm just kidding! *looks around* Where is he?

Endou: *shrug his shoulders and elevates them quickly* I don't know.

Zirika: Oh that's great, ehe. *whisper shouts* Let's start while he's still not here.

Everyone, enjoy reading!

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━ ❜

Swift pounds of leather shoes echoed through the corridor as [y/n] let heavy pants. A final sigh of relief escaped from her lips when she finally reached the entrance of her classroom, stopping abruptly in her tracks. The young lady, covered in sweat, composed herself to contain the exhaustion visible on her look before sliding the door wide open.

"I apologize for arriving late." [Y/n] said politely, bowing her head with her eyes shut tight. Notified by her presence, the students and the teacher in front all swung their heads at where the voice came from simultaneously.

"I've lost count of how many times you've been late for my class, Ms. [L/n]."

"My stepmother assigned me an additional house chore which took me a large amount of time to finish and-"

"That's always your excuse." [Y/n] shifted her gaze to Kazari right away, her eyebrows lowered and pulled together when she heard the auburn-haired girl's sneer.

"I'm telling the-" she let out a sigh, deciding to cut her words short after realizing her voice was raised, and that responding to Kazari's remark would only produce conflict "-May I still come in?"

[Y/n] transferred her attention to the teacher once again, who was just observing sternly at the two of them, he then motioned her to enter the room. She made a final bow before stepping inside.

Quiet... It's too quiet...

Silence engulfed the atmosphere as she walked past the rest of the class on her way to her seat. Students remained to watch [y/n], with her head dropped and the corner of her lips drawn down until she finally reached her table.

~~~

Several hours had elapsed; the classes finally came to an end. It's quite a relief for [y/n] as she could leave this abominable place she's required to attend, at last. If she had the choice of how she should fulfill her educational needs, she could have decided to get homeschooled instead. Her academic skills are excellent anyway, thus, she would rather study without anyone surrounding her. However, a much unpleasant place awaits her... an abode she was supposed to call "home."

It all began after a certain crisis struck their once-contented family. Arguments that do not end well resulting in resounding screams and words that are too heavy to take could be heard every night. The reason? Infidelity; [y/n] witnessed it herself. Though chose to remain silent about it, a woman's intuition shouldn't be underestimated. What does it cost? A mother's life; her crestfallen existence couldn't bear its weight anymore. It happened 3 years ago, but even so, a tremendous scar her heart took will remain unhealed for a fleeting moment... or perhaps, forever. Subsequently, a new family was born after the pater married his mistress.

Upon noticing that the door was locked, the young lady swiftly fished the spare key out of her pocket and started unfastening it. She then examined the surroundings as she made her way to the living room, scrunching her nose at the sight of filthy clothes scattered on the floor; crumbs of rice strewn all over the sofa; and disheveled books laying beneath the table. She sauntered to her room, dropped down her bag, and returned to the area where she began cleaning the certain section of the house. "Did they purposely leave this place untidy just so I would have to clean it up myself?" [Y/n] mumbled softly, on the point of tears, yet managed to keep her emotions contained. She decided to enter her bedroom straightaway after swiftly sprucing up everything.