Gavin and Connor #2

Começar do início

Gavin rolls his eyes and folds his arms over his chest, beginning to follow the Android as he leads him in a circle around the house. "What the fuck are you doing?" The detective asks after a lap around the house. "Don't treat this shit like a game, Nines. Just because that man in there isn't an android doesn't mean his life is any less valuable than yours." Gavin says though he doesn't care so much about the value of either life so much as he does wanting to put the android in it's place if there was any possibility that it was messing with him during this investigation. In fact, even if it was trying to be hateful, he'd still find himself angry. It was either too useful or too useless and he had no intentions of giving it the benefit of the doubt.

"My name is Con—"

"Shut the fuck up, trash can. I'll call you whatever the hell I want. You're not Connor. I don't care how much you look like that piece of garbage — I ain't  even gonna pretend like I'm on a case with him." Gavin fumes, lip curled in disgust. "'Sides, why do you want that name? You planning on replacing him or something?" He asks.

RK900 kneels down near the side of the house in which the entrance of under the house could be seen and he begins to pry the small door off. "I have no intentions of stealing my predecessors identity. My name is Connor because I was programmed to have that name and it is the name in which I am most comfortable." He tells Gavin.

"That's stupid." Gavin responds with a scoff. "Maybe you should consider not being an unoriginal dipshit and come up with your own name?" He suggests with a shrug of his shoulders. "Or else I'm gonna keep calling you trash can."

RK900 looks back at Gavin, brows furrowing somewhat. He's about to respond with something equally as sour for he's sick of Gavin's fat mouth being the only thing running in this investigation thus far but ultimately decides against it, considering the fact that it would only delay the process. Instead, he decides to respond with something useful.

"I have reason to believe the suspect is hiding under the house." Says RK900. "If I'm correct, then we can assume he came back so as to make it harder to find him since no one would consider that the suspect would remain at the scene of the crime."

"Tch," Gavin scoffs again. "What a fuckin' moron. Guess he didn't consider the fact that one of these fancy smancy pieces of plastic'd be looking for him, did he?" He questions no one in particular, removing his gun from its holster and clicking off the safety. He gives RK900 a shove once he'd managed to remove the flimsy block covering the area and crouches down to peer inside. "Move it, tin-man." Gavin says, eyes trained on the darkness. He wanted to do it all himself. He didn't need that androids help. He could do this himself. With his hands tied behind his back, in fact! He attempts to hype himself up as he starts into the crawl space, the afternoon sun providing him with only a limited amount of light as he does so.

"Alright, might as well give it up, dumbass." Reed calls out, eyes gradually adjusting to the dimness of his surroundings. He probably wouldn't have been so reckless in his approach hadn't the Android been with him. He felt like he had to prove his superiority in some way by tackling it head on even though it was against his better judgement and far from the smart thing to do. He could hear the stupid machine warning him from the entrance about how he could possibly get harmed in the process but he ignores it and crawls forward, his elbows digging into the rocks covering the ground.

Had he taken the android seriously, he wouldn't have found himself being attacked so abruptly by the suspect. An angry face emerges from the darkness, mirroring jump scares he had witnessed in scary movies, wielding a shiny object as they lunge forward. A gasp leaves Gavin as he quickly jerks back, feeling a sudden sharp pain in his forearm just as the rest of the suspect comes into view.

"If I'm gonna end up locked away for life, I might as well take one for the road!" The suspect's gruff voice can be heard saying as his other hand grabs the front of Gavin's shirt and yanks him forward. The detective resists, gripping the mans wrist with one hand while the other grips the wrist of the hand that held the shiny object; upon closer inspection, he could see that it was a knife and it was covered in something wet. He hoped it was the victim's blood from inside and not his own from the pain he had felt seconds prior. His adrenaline had spiked so in that moment, he could hardly feel the pain in his arm, let alone judge how severe it might have been.

The two continue to wrestle in the tiny space beneath the house, making it complicated for either of them to do much damage to one another. The suspect had attempted to stab Gavin but had failed thus far allowing the detective to get in a few punches to daze the other before he blindly lunges at Gavin once more with the knife. This time, the killer succeeds in jamming the knife right into Gavin's stomach. A yelp leaves him and his eyes go wide at the sudden blow, his body curling in on itself in the position he was currently in on his back.

"FUCK!" He shouts loudly, squeezing his eyes shut as he kicks his legs violently at his attacker.

By this time, the Android had scrambled his way into the crawl space and manages to restrict the attacker. He disarms him of his knife by grabbing his wrist and in one swift movement, snaps it without mercy. The man cries out in pain and RK900 pulls his arms behind his back, shoving his face into the gravel below them, cuffing him when he's finally still enough to allow him to do so.

Gavin just watches, having rolled on his side once the Android had ensured his safety. He had saved him. His hands remain on his stomach where he'd been stabbed and he could already feel the blood soaking his shirt. His own heartbeat drumming in ears made it hard for him to make out what RK900 was saying and his sight was falling in and out of focus as the android moved closer, it appearing to be examining him. He felt the need to say something but at the same time, had no idea what he wanted to say.

"Detective Reed?"

His name is the last thing he hears before he falls unconscious.

It feels like mere seconds had passed when he regains his consciousness, waking up to find himself in a hospital bed. His tired eyes roam around the room as his fuzzy memory tries to piece together what had happened and why exactly he was there. It all becomes clear to him in a moments time and he goes to sit up only to have a sharp pain in his stomach cause him to cry out before he lets his body fall back into the bed once more. Upon glancing down, Gavin notes that his clothes have been replaced by a hospital gown. He moves the fabric somewhat to get a look at his stomach to find that his abdomen is wrapped in bandages where he had been stabbed. Blood had pooled through the bandages but by the looks of it, the bleeding had stopped. He was hooked up to a machine that monitored his vitals and it seemed as though he had already undergone treatment. The knife must not have punctured anything important, otherwise he'd probably be surrounded by nurses and doctors scrambling to keep him alive. He also takes note of the bandaging his arm was wrapped in; he assumed that it was the first of the damage that had been dealt by that fucking maniac.

Reed lightly rests a hand on the wound as he recalls the events that had lead up to him receiving it. He had been stabbed. After carelessly entering a small crawl space in which escape would have been difficult. All because he was too stubborn to allow that stupid android to do his thing. He wanted to blame RK900 for it but now he couldn't help but find himself feeling conflicted. It had saved him. If RK900 hadn't intervened, he would have died.

His eyes settle upon staring up at the ceiling as he lays his head back, allowing his thoughts to wander. He wanted to be mad. He really did. But the only thing that was making him anything close to mad was the fact that he felt grateful that the Android was there to help him.

Oh, god, no.