finally

vincent was so glad that zak had stopped recording and left the teamspeak, dragging darryl along with him. he felt the tears gather up in his eyes and let them all fall with a small sob, he was so tired.

tired of all the flirting between the two older boys; tired of pretending to ship skephalo; tired of egging them on constantly when he wanted the exact opposite. he was was in love with zak and in no way wanted darryl to be as well.

vincent fell for zak and his stupid persona when he first started watching him and them becoming friends made it even worse and then meeting. holy shit, when he met zak, he knew he was in deep. the sleep stream pained him because all he wanted to do was share the blanket and cuddle zak but sharing the bed was basically enough for him.

through it all, he couldn't find himself to hate darryl even one bit, he was too nice and would never hate vincent for being in love with zak. but he continued crying, he knew zak would never like him, he was awkward and ugly and stupid and loud and insensitive.

but he kept on with his skephalo shipping and happy mask, he didn't want to ruin any fans' dreams or anything, he knew they all shipped skephalo.

then he realized something later that week as he read fanfictions on stream, the skep6d fanfictions on wattpad. sure, there weren't as many as fucking skephalo but knowing there was at least one person who saw him and zak as a couple made his heart so happy, but he showed the opposite on stream to throw off the fans indefinitely.

vincent found himself reading the skep6d fanfictions over and over, in love with the idea that people shipped him and zak. he almost preferred this over real life, where skephalo reigned over all else.

but the days passed and he played with the two others in the trio and there was more flirting and nicknames and "kisses" and talking about moving in, vincent had had enough and just left the teamspeak randomly after darryl pestered zak about it for a few minutes straight.

he laid in his chair the next week, waiting for zak to join his teamspeak so he could tell him that he had enough and it was either he admit he liked darryl or vincent or neither of them.

"buddy has joined your channel."

"hi a6d!" the cheery tone made vincent blush faintly, happy that the other couldn't see his face.

"hi, zak." the monotone of his voice made zak a little worried, but he carried on with his greeting.

"so, i was going to actually tell you something really important, but if you're not in a good mood or something, i can wait." zak's tone was softer, and vincent felt like he was going to cry again.

"i do too, but you can go first." vincent's eyes teared up and he held back sniffling and just wiped his eyes as he leaned back in his chair. zak huffed but began talking anyway.

"i-i-i just wanted to say..." vincent found himself leaning forward again as zak stuttered, which was something the french guy had never heard before.

"i'm in love with you, vincent. i love your small smile and your laugh and how loud you are and just everything about you. meeting you when you trolled me was really the best thing to happen to me, i can never stop thinking about you, i swear." vincent was absolutely stunned into silence, scaring the shit out of zak.

after a few minutes, vincent just giggles softly. "je t'aime, zak." zak has been practicing for vincent, so he says,

"je t'aime aussi, vincent."