Mail Girl (Kyungsoo)

Start from the beginning

Ding.

I glanced in the mirror to check that my collar wasn't crooked before dashing to the door.

'Someone's eager,' I heard Chanyeol comment casually, but I was beyond caring. He was probably just jealous.

'I'm not jealous, Kyungsoo. I have my own lovely girlfriend. It's not like you haven't met Venus before,' Chanyeol called, answering my thoughts somehow.

I rolled my eyes and opened the door, grinning.

'Oh gosh Kyungsoo. Don't smile like that, it's scary.'

I felt my cheeks colour. Damn it. I was supposed to be attractive, not freaky. 

'Aww, you're so cute. Here's your mail.' She handed me a few letters.

'Uhh thanks. Would you like to come in?' I asked.

She paused for a moment. 'Yeah, okay.'

Min Young followed me to the lounge room, where Chen was emptying a sack of flour out of the window to be answered with screeches that were Sehun and Luhan's protests against the interruption of their little cuddle time. Lay was strumming his guitar, and smiling angelicly, and Chanyeol was jumping around like a hyper kid. 

'Ahh... guys?'

Everyone froze and looked at Min Young and I. 

'Is that your girlfriend?'

I shook my head vehemently. 'Uhh no guys. This is Park Min Young, my- the mail girl.'

'Are you serious?' she asked, nudging me, 'just the mail girl? Couldn't you say I'm your friend, at least?' 

I cleared my throat awkwardly. 'Uhh yeah, sure. She's my, uh, friend.'

Min Young beamed. 'That's better.' She took a seat on the couch, before spotting a stack of letters bundled together with a red ribbon on the coffee table beside it. 'What's that?' she asked, pointing towards the pile.

I flushed uncomfortably as Chanyeol, Chen and Lay looked at me pointedly. Min Young just sat there expectantly, awaiting an explanation. 'Well?'

'I-'

'Kyungsoo here, collected every single letter you'd personally given him and refused to let us even touch them. It was retarded. But then he realised that the bills were there too, so we got our bills at least. But then he has kept every single letter from you and stored it, though he hasn't read any.'

Min Young raised her eyebrows. 'What the hell?'

I groaned inwardly. Now she thought I was weird. 'Uhh...'

'So you haven't read any of the letters I gave you?'

I shook my head.

Min Young sighed. 'Well, hurry up and read them. I'm not going to wait for you forever.'

I nodded, taking the neat bundle of letters and undoing the red ribbon. The first envelope opens quite easily under my fingers and I pull the note out.

Hey there Kyungsoo,

How're you doing? Hope you have a lovely day.

From PMY 12/1/14

Min Young pushed another letter into my hand.

Hey there Kyungsoo, 

I'd love to be your friend. Don't know you very well, though. Hope you have a lovely day :)

From PMY 19/1/14

There was a third.

Hey there Kyungsoo,

Hope you have a lovely day.

From PMY 26/1/14

There was a fourth too.

Hey there Kyungsoo,

I think I've known you for about 3 weeks, and you seem like a really nice guy. Friends?

From PMY 2/2/14

And the letters went on.

I read until the letter she gave me today. I tore open the top and slid the letter out. Strangely enough, I felt suddenly nervous, as if this was the first letter she had given me.

Hey there Kyungsoo,

I wonder why you never bring these letters up in conversation. Am I that awkward? And weird?

I wonder why you're so silent to me. Am I that unsociable, and closed off? I don't think so. I've been pretty open with you. But you don't seem to feel the same.

And last of all, I wonder if you know this. I like you. Maybe you don't like me back. But I may as well say, right? 

From PMY 13/11/14

So that was why she was frustrated at times. She thought I didn't like her, and ignored her because of that. In truth, I did like her. Very much.

'Min Young.' My voice was rough, and slightly raspy.

She lifted her gaze from the carpet. 'Yes?'

I looked away from her for a moment, catching her licking her lips from the corner of my eye. So she was as afraid as I was.

But at least I knew that my feelings were returned now.

'I uh... I do like you, Min Young. Very much. Uhh... Be my girlfriend?' I asked quietly.

'Yes. Oh my gosh, yes.' Min Young pulled me into a hug. 

While three idiots started cheering and whooping. 

'When's the wedding, Kyungsoo?' Chanyeol asked, smilingly.

I snorted. 'Whenever yours is going to be.' That was definitely not going to be soon. Right?

'I'm getting married next week.'

I squawked. 'NEXT WEEK?'

'Calm down, dude. But I can try proposing to Venus tomorrow and find the nearest date we can get married. You'd better get prepared for your marriage, Kyungsoo.'

Min Young laughed. 'Oh shush. Kyungsoo and I are fine with being girlfriends and boyfriends-'

I tuned her out slightly. She called me her boyfriend. Indirectly. But that was good enough. It sounded so nice coming from her-

'Are you listening, Kyungsoo?'

'Yeah sure. Somewhere along the lines of I have the best boyfriend ever-'

Min Young slapped my arm playfully. 'Nice try but no. It's a shame you didn't hear what I said. Do you have anything to say?'

'Well... Yes. I have the best girlfriend ever, Park Min Young, the humble, cute mail-girl.' 

The End. I have no idea how I was supposed to end that. Sorry it took forever- I had to think of a plot... But it's pretty long! ^-^ Hope you liked it though. Vote! Comment! Do whatever you like :) Thanks everyone! ~Dancing