2

"yeah your right, that's his name. I can't belive he's here"

"me either" I reply quietly, my voice is almost a whisper. I don't want him to hear me speak in the off chance he recognises my voice too.

"I'm gonna ask for a photo" before I can try to talk him out of it, he's on his feet approaching arks table.

I hold my breath as I listen to them speak.

"hey your ark, I'm a huge fan of the band and yours of course" than mumbles, he sounds like a total fan girl.

"it's always nice to meet a fan, are you wanting a photo" so typical of ark, he always did make an effort with his fan. Sometimes too much of an effort.

"that would be great thank you"

"does your girlfriend want to get in the photo" ark asks, I hear his chair scrape across the floor as he stands. He can't see me, I quickly stand and almost run to the bathroom so all he can see is the back of my head.

I pull my cell from my bag and quickly type in arks name, I haven't looked at his social media or anything since I left America but I need to know w why he's in the UK. I quickly find that the whole band is in fact here for a month for their UK tour. I can't be here, how could this be happening to me. I've just got my life on track and now I can feel my sanity falling through my fingers.

It's been 10 minutes since I left the table, the acoustic singer has started so everyone will be in their seats there's no way I could walk back through the bar without being spotted. I look up at the small bathroom window and sigh, I really have no other choice. I step on the toilet and pull myself up and out of the window. It's not the first time I have had to escape a man through a bathroom window, I had my fair share of bad dates when I moved here.
Flashback

This is not a good idea, I'm not at all ready. It's been a year but I'm not sure if I'm ready to date yet. Will I ever be ready?

My friend Sam assures me that I need to at least try to move on from Ark. It's not that easy I just worry I will be hurt again. I can't take that pain again, I wouldn't survive it. I like to pretend that I'm a strong independent woman but I feel more like a scared little girl. A girl with huge commitment issues. Will I ever trust a man again, I doubt it.

"Rose are you there" Sam calls down the phone. I hadn't realised that I had stopped taking and was in my own world.

I snap out of it quickly " yes sorry"

Sam laughs " I thought I had lost you there"

"I should cancel my date"

"No way you need this, even if nothing comes of it . You at least need to get laid" .

Typical man, sex isn't everything. I know that first hand, ark and I had mind blowing sex but we didn't have respect so we didn't have anything.

"Don't you dare tell me you don't miss it" he says sternly. He knows me too well, I do miss it. I long to feel wanted to feel that burn engulf my body, that feeling you can only get when you have sex.

"So your saying I should just sleep with the guy"

"No I'm saying give him a chance but if it ends up being just sex just enjoy it. You don't need a relationship"