November 1

I have been watching over Tyler constantly since the last time I wrote. He hasn't gotten himself beat up quite yet but I have a strong feeling that he may soon enough.

It's Saturday night and Tyler is home by himself except for the exception of my ghostly being. I find my way to Tyler's room after staring at the ceiling with my music on in my bedroom for what felt like two hours.

Tyler is unpacking his last box when I come through his door. Suddenly, he looks back at where I had just come in. He stares through me for a few moments and then turns back to his box. He pulls put some sort of board and places it on his bed. He rests on his knees at the side of his bed, leaning over the board.

"Time to see if this Ouija stuff is real," he announces quietly to himself. I quickly transport to the side of his bed opposite of him. He places his right hand on the Planchette and holds it at the top of the board, as if waiting.

I put my hand gently on top of his. As I do, he looks up and through me again, as is sensing me. He returns his focus to the board, looking down at it. He closes his eyes.

"Is there a ghost of the girl who died in this house?" Tyler asks to the board. I move the Planchette to the word 'yes' at the top-middle part of the board.

Tyler gulps nervously and takes a deep breath.

"Okay...." he says so quietly I barely heard.

"What is her name?" he questions.

I guide his hand to each letter spelling out Madison.

This time, Tyler doesn't pause, he continues along with another question.

"Am I speaking through the Ouija with Madison?"

I move my hand so quickly to 'yes' that he retracts his hand and stares at the board with eyes wider than eggs. I put my hand over the Planchette and spell out 'hello'.

"Oh my God!" Tyler shouts and covers his mouth with both hands. I was about to spell out "I'm sorry" when I realized that he would probably pee himself in fear. Instead, I wait for him to either ask another question or toss the board into the garbage.

Minutes pass as Tyler scratches his head, thinking of a question to ask.

"Is this real?" he finally spits out.

"Yes," I respond through the board.

"How do I know?" he wonders out loud.

"Look up," I spell out and make myself visible.

Tyler slowly lifts his head. First seeing my chest, then my chin, and then the rest of my face. To my surprise, he screams loudly and immediately jumps to his feet.

"I didn't mean to scare you!" I say getting to my feet as well. His breathing is extremely heavy and filled with anxiety about the situation. "I didn't mean to make you feel nervous, either," I add.

I look around Tyler's room as he sits on his bed and calms down. I fiddle around on feet, practically pacing.

"What is going on?" Tyler asks mostly to himself.

"Well you asked to see a ghost and you did," I reply.

"I damn well did..." he trails off, shaking his head nervously.

"I'm Madison, by the way, and I'm the 'not hot ghost chick' who died here in the summer," I explain to Tyler, still sitting on his bed. He is quite shaky. I don't blame him.

"I-I'm Tyler," Tyler says with a trembling voice. I reach out my hand to his and he shakes it cautiously.

"Don't worry, I don't bite," I tell him with a soft laugh. He manages to give a light chuckle in response. "Do you want me to leave?" I ask him, considering the situation.

"No, it's okay. You can stay," he says slowly, as if analyzing every word as he says them.

And that's when I knew what love was. Right then, right there.