Bonus Chapter

Of course, his mother had to visit him at work on the most stressful day of the entire week. They were in the middle of a huge project and him being a newbie meant, he would be the first one to lose his job, if anything went wrong.

"Sehyoon-ah, tell me, how are you? I'm worried, since you never call us..."

"Mum, I visited you just last week. You know, I'm really busy at the moment. It feels like I'm practically drowning in work." The worried expression on his mother's face deepened, while they stepped into the elevator. Apparently, she had cooked some food, she now wanted to give him which was really nice, but he couldn't stop thinking of all the work that was piling up on his desk in the meantime.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to disturb you...I just thought the notes could be important for your work." This made Sehyoon look up alarmed.

"Notes?"

"Yes, the ones you worked on the last time you visited, but forgot afterwards, because your boss called and you had to quickly leave all of a sudden."

"You had them the whole time?!" Memories of him panickily searching for the papers for hours flashed in front of his eyes. Sehyoon had been desperate and now they turned out to have been at his parent's place the entire time. Slowly he started massaging his temples.

"Why didn't you just call me? I would have come, pick them up immediately."

"I did...but you never answered your phone." A sad smile appeared on her face and she put a comforting hand on his arm. "Sehyoon...just because your father wanted you to get this job that doesn't mean you have to put yourself through all of this. Your health and happiness are more important to me than your success, I hope you know that...." He looked into his mother's eyes which were filled with so much sympathy, so much love, and he thought about, just telling her the truth. To just admit, how much he hated to be unable to get enough sleep since every time he finished something, there seemed to only be even more work that needed to get done.

But then the image of his parents and how proud they had been, after he had gotten the job appeared in front of his eyes. His father would be so disappointed in him, if he just threw this opportunity – his future – away like this. So, Sehyoon just shook his head.

"I'm all right...I'm just a bit stressed, that's all." He didn't think, he sounded really convincing, but maybe his mother simply wanted to believe him, because she just nodded and smiled.

"That's my little boy. Always working so hard and fighting his way to the top. Even as a child, you've always been like that. I remember in elementary school you had to draw your family and everyone only drew their parents and siblings but you asked me to show you pictures of your grandparents and grand grandparents, so you could draw them as angels in the sky that were watching over us." Sehyoon couldn't help but smile at the fond memory. How much he wished to go back to those times and this age at which he had been so carefree.

By now they had left the company building and dived into the busy streets in front of it.

"Where did you park your car?" He asked his mother who pointed at something in the distance. Well that was a detailed description...

They crossed the street and Sehyoon was already thinking about what to do first back at work, now that he would finally get back his notes, when his mother suddenly punched him in the side with her elbow.

"Ah...what did I do?!" Sehyoon exclaimed surprised, rubbing the hurting part.

"Could it be that the boy is calling for you?"

He frowned. What was she talking about? In that moment he heard someone shouting his name and he turned around. There was indeed a boy running towards them, looking as if he actually belonged in Highschool right now instead of the street, though he was not wearing a school uniform.