Chapter 11

"Ahh..." Jason cried out, all the papers, he had held in his hands until some seconds ago, scattering on the floor around him.

A good Monday morning like always...He was in the building for not even fifteen minutes and had already gotten knocked down by some idiot who thought he had a tighter schedule than everybody else and was therefore in the right to not care about anything around him.

"Oh my God, I'm sorry! I somehow didn't see you there. Wait, I'll help you." The idiot surprisingly apologized and held out a hand to him.

Jason was about to tell him, he wouldn't take the hand of such a rude person like him and maybe yell some curse words too, when he looked up and right into Sehyoon's eyes. The words he had wanted to say immediately died in his throat. The expression of the other was concerned and a little embarrassed. It looked cute, at least until he started to frown.

"Do I know you?" He asked and Jason wanted to punch something or just die. He shook his head. He definitely wouldn't tell him about their last encounter.

"I don't think so...I only recently started working here."

"Ah, sorry. You just kind of looked familiar...By the way, is something wrong with my hand?"

"Huh?" Jason looked down again and realized that the other was still waiting for him to take his hand and that he was still sitting on the floor.

"Oh, no. Of course not!" He quickly grabbed it and got pulled up.

Feeling the familiar grip made his heart ache with longing and he wanted to just keep holding the other's hand forever. However, the sound of Sehyoon clearing his throat brought him back to reality and he immediately let go, heat rising to his cheeks. Meanwhile the older hastily started to pick up the papers on the floor around them. When he had finished, he gave them back to Jason and smiled.

"Th—thanks." He stammered.

"No problem. It's my fault after all. Again, I'm sorry. It's just...I want to ask someone out on a date today and I must be more nervous than I thought, I would be...And I have no idea why I'm telling you all this." He laughed embarrassed and pushed the call button for the elevator, not noticing the color fading from the younger's face.

"A...date?" He asked horrified. Sehyoon nodded.

"Yes, if everything goes well, I'll ask her to eat dinner with me tomorrow...why? Scared I'll steal your crush? Don't worry, I think you are a little too young for her anyway."

The elevator arrived and they both stepped in. It was empty except for them, because it was already late and everybody else was probably, where they should be; working.

Jason wanted to scream or hold onto Sehyoon without ever letting him go again and beg him to not go on the date. However, he also knew, if he would act like last time, Sehyoon wouldn't believe him again and would still pursue his plan. But if he did nothing, he would probably die and he couldn't let that happen. So, he decided to put all his eggs in one basket,

"Actually...I...," he stammered and his heart started to beat at double speed.

Sehyoon's eyes looked at him curiously. Jason took a deep breath. He knew it was a stupid idea which wouldn't work, but his brain seemed to be empty and maybe he still had some hope left. He had nothing to lose anyways.

"Actually, I hoped...uhh...I wanted to ask you, if you would like to maybe...have dinner with me sometimes..." The older stared at him with wide eyes.

"Oh," was everything he said after a moment and Jason felt the urge to laugh and cry at the same time. It reminded him so much of the Sehyoon that he had known and the pain in his heart became even worse.