Chapter 1

Sehyoon should have known, his life would end up this way.

The whole time he had spent it while studying and later working, without having much time to himself. Sometimes he had hated all the pressure, everyone was putting on him, so much that he had thought he could not stand it any longer. But it had worked. With 25 years, he was the youngest, to lead his own group in the company, he worked in. Everything seemed to finally become, like he wanted it to. He even got a date with a woman, he had been eyeing for some time by now.

And then, he died.

It wasn't even his fault. The evening had been a rainy, dark one and Sehyoon wanted to merely cross the street like a normal human being, even doing so on a traffic light, when a truck hit him and presumably catapulted him over the whole street, pressing all air out of his lungs.  

At first, he felt nothing, then came the pain and it was overwhelming. Around him, he could hear all kind of noises, but they seemed to be too far away and didn't get through to him. Then suddenly, he could feel a light touch on his face, softly caressing it and it seemed to ease the pain. With all strength left in him, he opened his eyes, to see who the person was.

What he hadn't expected, though, was to come face to face with an actual angel. It had to be one, why else would someone this beautiful hold him while he was dying and cry about it? He was sure to even see a soft glow emanate from him. But even though he wanted to continue looking at the angel, he was too tired to keep his eyes open any longer and he gave into the urge to close them again. He was about to drift away, when he suddenly could hear the voice of the angel speak to him,

"Please, you can't leave me, I love you."  

These words were the only sounds that seemed to get through to Sehyoon, but he must have heard wrong. Why should an angel love him? Then he felt lips touching his forehead and again the pain disappeared for a moment.

"I love you." Whispered the angel again, his voice full of despair and Sehyoon knew he had to take one last look at him, before he would die.

This time his sight was clearer and while scanning the face, he had the feeling, he should know it from somewhere. Unexpectedly images, he couldn't keep a hold of, raced through his head. Then all of a sudden, the pain came back and overrun him with full force, making it impossible for him to think about anything any longer. But the pain only stayed for a moment, before everything around Sehyoon became a dark, numb nothingness which completely swallowed him.  

-

------

The next time he regained consciousness, he felt as if he was lying on a soft carpet.  But it had to be a bed, right? He had to be in a hospital. Thank god, he hadn't died.

Sehyoon slowly opened his eyes and blinked into the sudden bright light. After they had adjusted to it, he started looking around and faltered. His body seemed to indeed be lying on a carpet in a rather strange environment. It was a bedroom which reminded him of his own one, he had owned when he had been around six years old.

The wall had a light blue shade and clouds were painted on the ceiling, complemented by small glowing stars which someone had stuck between them.  On the shelves on the walls and on the window-sill, was every inch covered with stuffed animals of all sorts and heights, and the blanked on the bed was Pokémon themed. Realization slowly dawned on him. He was apparently in a children's room. But if that was the case, shouldn't everything be smaller?