Too absorbed in my thoughts, I didn't notice Tilly come in. "Whoa..."

            I looked at her smile. "Sorry, did I take too long?"

           "No, no, not at all." She approached me at the sink and touched up with a bit of powder and balm. "X, are you uncomfortable with my dad?"

           I nearly choked at her question. Now, that was unexpected. I tucked a loose lock from my messy bun behind my ear and cleared my throat before I answered. "Umm...w-what made you say that?"

         "Well, it may not seem like it but you look a bit tense." She then looks at me. "I want to tell you that my dad is a good person despite him always yelling in the kitchen and cursing. I want you to be comfortable with us, X." She genuinely smiled which made me smile in return.

          I held out my hand again. "My real name is Cassandra, but you can call me Cass."

          She shakes it again. "Cassie it is!" Tilly's laugh is so adorable. How can a 19 year-old be this adorable?! "If you don't mind me asking, how old are you, Cassie?"

           "I'm 28." I scrunched up my nose and cringed. "I'm old aren't I?"

          She shakes her head no. "You look like you could be my age!" She laughs offered to help me put my mask on, but not before asking for a selfie with her without it. I did take caution and ask her not to post it yet, to which she agreed.

           We made our way back to the dining area just as the appetizers were set down. Gordon first checked his daughter's risotto making sure it is cooked properly before inspecting his own. "Chef, relax." I smile. "I'm sure Chef Ariel did a great job for us. Let's just enjoy."

           "You're right," he chuckles and we ate our appetizers. Tilly told us all about their day in Vegas. They went to Adventuredome, as well as enjoyed the new Indoor Skydiving place which was near the scenic Guardian Angel Cathedral.

          While Keisha showed us all the pictures they took, our plates were taken away and the entrees come in. Tilly was a seat away from me, but I immediately noticed something wrong on her plate. Unconsciously, I touch Gordon's hand. "Chef?"

          "Yes, my darling?"

           "That's raw..." I nodded towards the direction of Tilly's beef wellington and he looked.

           "Oh, God, no..." He stood up abruptly and took Tilly's plate. His face looked harsh, nothing like the one I regularly see in the kitchen. This was different. He looked scarier. His daughter just received a raw wellington in one of his own restaurants. It was unacceptable.

           "Dad, please don't..." Tilly knew what was going to happen and she really doesn't want her father to make the page of some paparazzi tabloid for a scandal.

            I stood up and held on to his arm as tightly as I could. "Chef, let me handle this, please." He looked at me and I tried my best to match his stare until he visibly calmed down a bit and sat back at the table. I took Tilly's plate from his hand and I went to the pass.

             Smiling, the Maitre d' approached me before I could call the attention of Chef Ariel. "Is there something wrong, Miss X?"

             I showed him the plate. "The kitchen delivered a raw wellington to Matilda Ramsay." I said bit coldly to show that they have made a grave mistake.

             By this time, Chef Ariel had gone up to check on us. Upon seeing the slightly bloody plate, she knocked her head back and groaned. "Fuck, Chef Ramsay is gonna kill me." She then turns to the two line cooks who were in charge of the meat station, as well as the sous chef who plated the dishes. "BOTH OF YOU AND YOU, OUT OF MY KITCHEN, NOW!"