Chapter 41

You have never felt more rage in your life than now. You've dealt with hate mail, dumb haters in comments, Bakugo, the perverted grape, but of course they were little to nothing compared to Hami.

You wanted her caught, dead or alive. You didn't care that much about the villain Lina and Kaito, just Hami. She was the one who put the parasite in Rina. The one who sapped her life away. The one who threatened you with her life.

Meanwhile, Hizashi was there for you, wanting to change your mind about the hero's mission. He didn't want you to endanger yourself, but secretly, it was all part of the plan he didn't like. It was too late to change your mind anyway. You were now sure as ever to do the plan.

"Shota told me the party would be tonight," you told him. The two of you were at your house, getting ready for your separate missions. "In less than an hour."

"I know," Hizashi whined. "And I don't want to leave you alone!"

"I won't be alone." You prepared a simple disguise for the party in your bag. You were going to put your hair in a different style and put on [different, if you already wear glasses] glasses. But that was for later. "Ectoplasm is going to be there too."

"But I don't want anyone else protecting you except me," Hizashi purred in your ear. "You know how much you get hurt and I don't want that to happen."

"You're jealous again," you said simply. You wanted to laugh, but it seemed that Rina's death had put both of you in a grim mood. You both wanted this plan to work and catch the villains.

"I should be. I wouldn't want any other people hitting on you, seeing as you're so beautiful."

You were wearing fancier clothing tonight, to fit in with whatever party was going on.

"Don't worry, I'll just be observing and sending a signal."

"Exactly! Why do you need to go when one person is enough?"

You shrugged, you were surprised Shota allowed you to go. "More eyes?"

"Ectoplasm can make clones."

"Good point."

"See, even you agree. I find this idea kinda... asinine."

For some reason, Hizashi likes teasing you about your choice of fancy words, but copied you and used them as well.

"I mean," Hizashi added, "it's not a bad idea. Just doesn't make sense."

"There are no bad ideas." You sighed. "Just ideas that can go horribly wrong." You were ready for the undercover mission, nervousness leaving you and determination filling you. Was this what heroes feel like? "Don't you have a job too?"

Hizashi nodded, sighing. "Yeah, I'll take you there and leave."

You frowned at his less optimistic self. You smiled, kissing him and grasping his hand. "Let's go then."

He chuckled, opening the door for you. "Trinket's staying here, right?"

You nodded, sighing in consent and slightly leaning against him. If this plan was going to work, you were going to save both Hizashi and avenge Rina.

The location was near Lina's house and where you had first met Jiro. It was nice to reminiscence about that time, but you were also close to where you had met Villain Lina.

"Cya." Hizashi reluctantly waved goodbye to you when the two of you arrived in front of the building.

You could already hear the loud music from inside, along with the vibrations of it. Usually you didn't mind, since your quirk consisted of controlling your own sound vibrations and waves, but this really made you uncomfortable for some reason.

"You okay?" Hizashi asked, still lingering in case you changed your mind.

"It's fine, I'll get used to it." You pecked him on the lips and waved as he left. Taking a deep breath, you entered the doors.

There were two guards right behind them next to another door. You spotted a tall, slender man with short hair and blank eyes standing patiently by the wall. He wore a large pair of glasses. You walked towards him, avoiding eye contact with the guards.

"Hey, Ectoplasm," you greeted. He was really different without his hero costume, but his mouth was identifiable.

"[Y/N]," he greeted. He talked quieter so that the guards couldn't hear. "Let's go. You can put on your disguise once we get in."

He led the way, showing two invitation tickets to the guards. They let the two of you in warily.

It was much, much louder. The music was catchy, though. You tried to identify the song, but it was unfamiliar. The person singing it was also singing with an accent.

The two of you sat down by a counter. On the way, you quickly changed your hairstyle and put on glasses.

You glanced around at the party in awe. You desperately wanted the music to turn down at least a little, yet you also wanted to go up and try some karaoke yourself. You reminded yourself why you were there.

"Alright," Ectoplasm started. "I've got a clone on the other side to watch, so I'm here just in case you need any backup or anything."

"Thanks." You were less stressed to hear that, and grateful he thought of that. "We've got this."

You were focused on your task for a short amount of time before the silence between you two got to you.

"So," you dragged out, attempting small talk with Ectoplasm. "Did you volunteer for this mission or were you assigned?"

"I was assigned, but if I wasn't I would have volunteered," he replied. "I like karaoke, but I should focus on the objective."

"Is this usually your type of hero missions?" You watched as his eyes darted around, looking for suspicious people among the huge crowd. This party wasn't as crazy as you thought it would have been, and the music seemed to be more pop than any other.

"I take whatever. Natural disaster rescue, hostage rescue, spying. My quirk fits most of them."

"Cool." You squinted in the crowd. You knew what Villain Lina looked like, but not Kaito.

"I haven't really been assigned the more dangerous ones, since I have a disability," Ectoplasm added, shrugging. "But I try to get them when I can."

"What do you mean? You look fine."

He tapped his legs. "Prosthetics."

You raised an eyebrow. "You're doing perfectly!"

He let out a dry laugh. "Thanks, but some people don't think so. They're too nice, honestly. They're not stopping me though."

You nodded in understanding, impressed by this hero. Not letting others or yourself stop you....

"How's teaching math with the classes?" you asked, changing the topic.

"Same thing each year, not too bad." Ectoplasm sighed. "Except for the blond loudmouth."

"Which one?" you asked jokingly.

"What?"

"Bakugo or Hizashi?"

He laughed. "Bakugo."

You smiled to yourself, finally getting a laugh out of him.

"Have you been working on new songs?" Ectoplasm questioned, glancing at you interestingly.

"Not really, I go through phases and right now I'm in the writing phase," you explained. "Motivation is a pain."

"I see." Ectoplasm suddenly stopped. "My other clone sees something, I'll be right back." He paused. "It's both Kaito and Lina."

"I'll stay here?" you said, unsure. He was already gone, so you assumed that you were supposed to stay there.

~♪♫ ♪♫ ♪~
Chapter music question!
Have you ever done karaoke?